No announcement yet.

Unusual xmas pressies you've had?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For my 21st birthday my ex's grandparents gave me £100 I had never had so much money given to me before, the reason was I had crashed our car and they thought we could spend it on putting it right, so I never did get my £100.
    Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
    and ends with backache

Comment

LOL, some corkers there guys... But my dear daddy did a good un on the missus for her first crimbo as my wife...

We hadn't been married too long and Shirls was 8 months pregnant with MK1 son at the time. Dad had just been released from Iraq where he'd been held as a 'Human Shield' - courtesy of Saddie Hussein so I didn't think he was quite there with it. Poor bloke even missed our wedding - but that's another story...

Anyway, One bright Crimbo morn in 1990 Shirls waddled downstairs with me and we got our prezzies from under the tree. There was a little box all wrapped up not so neatly and tidily. She unwrapped it and a Swarovski box appeared. Shirley opened it, lo and behold inside was a lovely small silver and crystal piggy. She looked at Dad in a confused way and he responded, "That's to remind you of how fat you are for your first Christmas in the family (way)."

Still not sure if he was joking or still suffering from PTSD...
      Let's go diggin' dirt....

Big silver bird, come land low and slow
      Cut your engines, cool your wings,
      You've taken me home...

Comment

I think the worst Christmas presents I've had were from my (now ex) OH. A box to keep computer discs in and 2 boxes of really cheap chocolates! Then there was the year he didn't buy me anything at all till he saw I was upset on Christmas morning, so he went out on Boxing Day and bought me a yukky nylon nightie. But I'm getting THE BEST present this year from number 2 daughter/number 3 child - 2 more ex-batts
        My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Im really lucky my MIL buys me lovely presents. Things that I wouldnt think of or could afford to buy for myself. Lovely Dior or Clarins stuff posh gear from M&S and the like.

Mr H is the one for dodgy presents. One year he got me a nodding china donkey that was sat on it's Ar53 as if it had just fallen over. As my beloved pony had had a fall the previous week and I was looking at a huge physio bill I was less than impressed

Number one son does a good line in Radox whilst spending a small fortune on whatever girlie he is with at the time. Guess thats the breaks with teenagers
          WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

mine is going to be this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!a joint christmas & birthday pressie my lovely hubbie has got me a chicken house YAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its being delivered thursday i cant wait...2 more sleeps he says i'm not normal but thats why he married me & who wants perfume and jewellry???
            Last edited by Hans Mum; 16-12-2008, 06:11 PM.
            The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

From my OH, I got a Swiss Army Knife for my Birthday one year, and a Hi-Lift Jack for Christmas - just what I wanted!

(It WAS what I wanted.)
              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Mum View Post
                & who wants perfume and jewellry???
                um me? but I would rather have a chicken house but Mr H has banned chicks
                WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

I love smellies!! Himself got me an undie set once (and I say only ONCE) I'm not a skinny bird and the thong (which I don't like anyway) was like razor wire, and the top too small. He was quite hurt when my face fell, and said 'I did get large so it would fit'. I was really very upset and he didn't get why. Sad though, cos he did honestly think I would like it.
                  I'm lucky that my MIL does put thought into presents, but she is incredibly difficult to buy for, my brain is tied in knots trying to think of something nice for her.
                  I'm pretty easy to get for: Books (pretty much any are appreciated), smellies, chocs, wine, or a plant. No jewellery though, as I rarely wear it. I will wear my wedding ring when I get it though.
                  Last edited by kirsty b; 16-12-2008, 10:25 PM.
                  Kirsty b xx

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                    From my OH, I got a Swiss Army Knife for my Birthday one year, and a Hi-Lift Jack for Christmas - just what I wanted!

(It WAS what I wanted.)
                    I bought Madderbat a Leatherman knife as a wedding present(She had just lost a Swiss army knife) Madderbat thought it odd at the time but said later it was a good choice.
                    Ps it was a second wedding to both of us
                    Amazon.co.uk: leatherman - Sports & Leisure: Sports & Leisure
                    The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                    Brian Clough

Comment

Last Christmas(la la la la la!!),I'd finally managed to shed most of my post baby weight....was sooooo chuffed to finally be almost back to the old me of size 12....Andi got me jammies....size 16!!!(have to admit that my 2 fave nightshirts are totally over worn & over sized nightshirts....but not the point!!!)
                      We don't really get naff pressies...family either ask us what we want or give money....a couple of years ago I got some mates curried crickets for a pressie!
                      the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
                        We don't really get naff pressies...family either ask us what we want or give money....a couple of years ago I got some mates curried crickets for a pressie!
                        Don't they have big red balls?
                        Brian Clough

Comment

My best mate bought me a (very) raw sheep's fleece (raw as in bits of twig and sheep poo still adhering) and a spindle and carding combs so I could spin it. This year she's got me some rare heritage seed potatoes (I know this already as she had to phone me and ask how to store them). These might be unusual prezzies, but it proves she knows me well and I love them far more than over-packaged, chemically scented bath products.
                          Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

I had a fleece for a birthday present once. (I also have a spinning wheel I hasten to add. No I'm not really a wicked step-mother!)
                            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Spinning Wheel? here's a song for you Flummery
                              YouTube - Blood Sweet and Tears - Spinning Wheel
                              Last edited by bubblewrap; 17-12-2008, 02:13 PM.
                              Brian Clough

Comment

OH did once buy me a suspender belt and stockings. Cos I didn't have one.
                                YES that was cos I didn't WANT one!

muppet.

janeyo

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X