No announcement yet.

B-Day approaches

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ohhh, Wayne and LadyWayne - make the most of every second now, such a momentous occasion .... I am sooooo excited!!! I truly dont know the first thing about having babies, never done it, but still want to be an aunty .....

And you HAVE to tell someone on here so the news can be passed around .... dont you dare not tell us as soon as

Seriously, alllll the very best of good luck, good wishes, good health to the three of you xxxx
    Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Raspberry leaf is supposed to help tone/strengthen the muscles surrounding the womb and make the contractions more effective. You can take it as a tablet instead of a tea

Comment

raspberry leaf tea should only be drunk in the last two weeks, and should NEVER be drunk if there is a history of miscarriage or early labour.
        Vive Le Revolution!!!
        'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
        Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
          What the hell are you supposed to do with the pineapple!?!?

LW hates "fruity" teas.
          same as you do with the rumpy pumpy, after a pineapples been up there a baby's head will be a doddle

Comment

Vindaloo, and not the song
            Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

I don't have children and I'm excited for you and LW. Still think Bean will be born early. Yes, we need lots of updates and photos of Bean

Comment

Feb 5th was my lovely late Dad's birthday - that would be nice!
                Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

feb 5th is my sons birthday too flum

Comment

aparently you need to eat 6 whole pinapples to have a clinical effect! I have it on good authority that its not the best thing to throw up whilst in early labour! LOL

Good luck wayne, rooting for LW.
                    Yo an' Bob
                    Walk lightly on the earth
                    take only what you need
                    give all you can
                    and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Clary sage oil is good for stimulating contractions, but it really does work so anyone who is less than 8½ months shouldn't even smell it...
                      If you go overdue though, rubbing it round the bump circular motion definitely helps to get things moving

Comment

No!!!!!! Don't do anything to get things moving yet!!! Bean might not be quite ready, let Mother Nature take charge (even if she does seem to take her time at these times!) Please?
                        My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

oh no don't do it early lol ........ i did the orange, and the curry and the rumpy pumpy on the night of the 4th ...... by 2am i was in labour and had him at 11.45 on the 5th ..... well i figured 9 months without any had been a while

Comment

My first daughter was 9 days late, I was threatened with the orange and caster oil mixture. Husband picked up the wrong kind of oil he got codliver oil. No way I was going to drink the stuff, same night went into labour.

She was born 16 1/2 hours later weighing in at 9lb 9 1/2 oz

Best advice I can offer is go with the flow and enjoy the experience as its such a special time.
                            http://herbie-veggiepatch.blogspot.com

Updated 23rd February 2009

Comment

I'm being boringly practical with this post HW, but has Lady W got some arnica tablets to take after the birth? I may be teaching my grandmother to suck eggs as you may know all about them, but they really helped with the bruising after I had my little ones.
                              Life is brief and very fragile, do that which makes you happy.

Comment

Originally posted by yoanbob View Post
                                aparently you need to eat 6 whole pinapples to have a clinical effect! I have it on good authority that its not the best thing to throw up whilst in early labour! LOL
                                I wouldn't advise eating porridge followed by cranberry juice before going into labour either. I walked as far as the lifts when in labour with pickle, as I stepped out of the lift, I lifted the lid of the nearest bin and was sick in it. Dad got quite worried and insisted I have a wheelchair for the rest of the way to delivery suite. As the rest of the family arrived, they encountered a 'not amused' janitor emptying the bin and cleaning up a doorway (yep, there too!)

Post birth, pads soaked with distilled witch hazel were very soothing.
                                Last edited by kirsty b; 23-01-2009, 09:19 PM.
                                Kirsty b xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X