No announcement yet.

The boy that broke my heart

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh I didn't see this the first time round. Glad he's put on some weight, OWG. Are you sure he qouldn't settle with you? Somehow I think his deafness would be less of a hinderance with other dogs, as they often follow the lead of the 'hearing' dog.

Comment

Oh, just read the story of Chance, below that of Oliver. :'(

Comment

Oliver does look better even a wee bit rounder. However must admit I started reading about Chance and it broke my heart. To be so badly treated then to have the tumour. I'm not a tearful sort but I do need a hanky. OWG if you can keep on posting updates I would be grateful.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
          ...and that the previous owners are being prosecuted?
          And given a lifetime ban from ever keeping any other animals! ((((((((Hugs for you and him))))))))))

How people can do this to any animal is beyond my comprehention! Just let me get my hands on the previous owners! I swear I would do heavy time for them!!!
          Live like you never lived before!

Laugh Like you never laughed before!

Love like you never loved before!

One Love & Unity

http://iriejans.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
            I have a friend who paid good money for a Horse in similar condition. It took the best part of two years to get his digestive system to the stage where his poo smelled the same as the other Horses - makes you wonder what lasting damage has been done.

These people don't want prosecuting, they want the same treatment they gave the animals!

Im right behind you on this one! just let me at them!!!
            Live like you never lived before!

Laugh Like you never laughed before!

Love like you never loved before!

One Love & Unity

http://iriejans.blogspot.com/

Comment

Its so lovely to see Oliver doing so well and putting on weight. Have just been looking at whole site, Chance's story just broke my heart. How can anyone do this to such kind, loving, gentle dogs (or any animal for that matter) is beyond me.
              I've often though about volunteering for Boxer rescue when my two have gone and the kids (Lauren) are older.
              Kirsty b xx

Comment

Originally posted by SlugLobber View Post
                Oh I didn't see this the first time round. Glad he's put on some weight, OWG. Are you sure he qouldn't settle with you? Somehow I think his deafness would be less of a hinderance with other dogs, as they often follow the lead of the 'hearing' dog.
                Oh, I would have him in a heartbeat!

However, we've got 18 animals already, and Mr OWG has decreed that there will be no more dogs/large animals until the ones we've got are a bit older and more sensible. If I didn't have to work full time, Oliver would never have even gone to a foster home!!

Comment

Our dog is a rescue dog, she was dumped in a skip in Wales with the rest of her litter because they were not pure bred collie and therefore 'worthless' to the farmer.
                  She is totally priceless to us, the most wonderful dog we could ever ask for and it really makes me cry, and get angry when i hear of people treating animals like disposable commadities that can be misued, maltreated and then chucked out when they are surplus to requirements. I would adopt more rescue dogs if we had the room.
                  Last edited by miffy; 20-01-2009, 04:06 PM.
                  When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Oliver looks to be doing really well, thanks for the update O.W.G., read the sad cases below his & wished I hadn't. If we ever consider getting another boxer I'll get a rescue one, can't believe people can be so cruel!
                    Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X