No announcement yet.

whats your temperature tonight???

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank gooodness it was warmer last night (-1.5) than previous (-7.6 in my garden Monday night)

Who said we lived in the 'soft' South?
    Growing in the Garden of England

Comment

Got down to -5 here near Bournemouth Airport last night, now -1
      Sylvianne

Get back to the earth, learn to grow your own future

Comment

well we are at a toasty 1 here in brighton.

just checked the met office, temps are up for us until saturday night due to cloud cover, cant say it FEELS much warmer, just looks grey and orrible.
        Vive Le Revolution!!!
        'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
        Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Originally posted by allotmentlady View Post
          I see a faint glow from our attic, must be your house lol
          that'll be the bonfire in the middle of the living room floor

Comment

Originally posted by jackie j View Post
            I dont care what the temperature outside is if I'm cold I put the heating on b***** the cost. I pay enough for it.
            problem was last night i was near the end of my emergency credit on the meter ...... and only get paid today, so as there is 2 inches of frost this morning,and it's flipping cold ..... i may give in for a bit ....... there are good and bad things about having a card meter lol ....... when you are skint, tuff.
            Last edited by lynda66; 31-12-2008, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
              problem was last night i was near the end of my emergency credit on the meter ...... and only get paid today, so as there is 2 inches of frost this morning,and it's flipping cold ..... i may give in for a bit ....... there are good and bad things about having a card meter lol ....... when you are skint, tuff.

Tell me about it,, we had £0.75p emergency credit on gas, and £2.80 emergency on electricity last night and temp outside was -3.2. so heating off, jumpers on and early to bed,, got credit now so making the most of it :-),, temp outside is -1 at present, and a lovely 20 indoors,, I know where I am staying today :-)
              Last edited by Chillimad; 31-12-2008, 12:59 PM.

Comment

I don't know but there is still frost on the car bonnets outside.

If you really want to know, I will send one of my poor wee (6 ' 6") lads to stand out there with a thermometer.......cos i'm definitely not going to stand out there freezing my a** off

Anyway, i'm in my jammies.....I'm having a pyjama day cos i'm feeling really pi**ed off and grumpy and I haven't had any sleep...

Comment

However cold tonight is, won't be as cold here as NYE 2 years ago when Mr R had gone on his brother's ski stag in Chamonix, and our brand new boiler blew it's little circuit board... it was FREEZING!

I put up with it for a few days, had a few friends round for a NYE party and only once we'd had a few glasses/bottles of wine, did we start to warm up...

Mr R rang up from his toasty ski chalet to suggest that I "try popping another sweater on..." I chose to move out for a week and hired a nice apartment in town instead as a late Christmas pressie to myself!
                  I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Brass Monkeys...

Popped out earlier to get some groceries and check on my Nana, shes all toasty and happy. We have freezing fog here at the moment and its getting thicker.

My Garden few moments ago....
                    Attached Files
                    Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Okay, so I have toddled up the garden in me jammies and the temp is wavering between 0 and -1 and dropping.

Oddly enough, still not cold enough to douse the ardour of my Passion Flower which is insisting on flowering - maybe I should send it for a cold shower

Red

Comment

my passion flower is still alive too, though it didn't get round to flowering yet

Comment

My cyclamens have been attached by the frost they look rather limp

Comment

Quite mild up here at 5 degrees ........
                            ~
                            Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                            ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

-3 and dropping .
                              There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

I'm on card meter too Lynda - i hate the prices but love the fact i'm not surprised by a humoungeous bill after i've relaxed in the warmth
                                second nature now putting on an extra jumper and living in ugg boots lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X