Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can only just bring myself to type this...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're a lovely lady I'll PM you the address.

Comment

Sorry to hear to about your set back! Its rubbish when your stuck on the sofa, knitting a good idea, or cross stitch, I did a lot of puzzle books and reading when I was laid up and a bit of drawing

Comment

I was gonna suggest Comfrey aka Knitbone, beaten to it

Perhaps take up cardmaking, very theraputic and you can sell them too.
        Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
          i'll be dead impressed if you can say Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch next time i come to visit
          The locals call it Llanfair P G
          Happy Gardening,
          Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
            The locals call it Llanfair P G
            shhhhhh don't tell her that

Comment

I think I might go downstairs today... I'm a bit bored of upstairs now!

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
                Homeopathy bible says for slow to heal fracture - Symphytum 6c - taken twice a day for up to 6 weeks.

For the comfrey it says to use fresh leaves to reduce swelling round fractures - not sure where you would find fresh comfrey leaves at this time of year though
                Someone has probably put this in somewhere between reading this one and the end but Symphytum is the latin name for comfrey. I keep a jar of comfrey ointment around for cuts. It contains something (enzyme, hormone????) which accellerateds cell regeneration, and therefore speeds all kinds of healing. Unfortunately comfrey is toxic when eaten in significant quantities (which is why you can no longer buy comfrey tea). It isn't VERY toxic, but enough to get a ban on selling it as a medicine for internal use (homeopathic versions don't get affected by this sort of ban).
                Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                  I can't really do much foot/toe movement coz it's in this boot thingy, which I'm now meant to keep on

Donjoy braces | Donjoy - Nextep Contour Walker

And even without the boot on, I had very little flex in the ankle - they reckon that toe pointing will be one of the last movements I get back.
                  I can bend my knee, lift my leg from the hip... That's about it really!
                  It is possible to gently 'work' the calf muscle without bending at the ankle (although I am not knowledgeable enough to know whether the injury would prevent even this, and obviously if it hurts, don't do it!).
                  Knee well bent, foot resting on something, just concentrate on using the calf muscle MORE than the hamstring to 'pull' the knee into a slightly sharper bend (it doesn't actually move, or only fractionally, because the leg 'at rest' in this position has the muscle unstretched, but relaxed, it is a matter of tightening the muscle to 'take up the slack' of the position)
                  Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Only just caught up with this Sarz (been away). What a right royal PITA for you

I have the world's biggest stash of knitting yarn and needles, let me know if I can send you anything useful!
                    I was feeling part of the scenery
                    I walked right out of the machinery
                    My heart going boom boom boom
                    "Hey" he said "Grab your things
                    I've come to take you home."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X