No announcement yet.

Thwarted Franglaise?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wellie's asked me to pass on her apologies if she doesn't manage to reply to replies to this thread.....she has a rather poorly tower on her computer,so will possibly not manage to get on line for some time!Di.
    the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Send her our love Di, hope the PC isn't down for too long.

Comment

I thought she'd gone unusually quiet!!!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Well when you do finally come over (as you surely will) you will only be around half an hour from chez Leponge, so I feel some barbeq's coming on.

At least with a certain future you can concentrate on the next few years, until you decide to do it. I also know that once you do, you wont regret it, not for one second.
          Bob Leponge
          Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

I agree with Bob but this sin't the time to be moving here, the Euro is in the merde and there are a lot of new builds, renovation projects and even house purchases being abandoned. Housing market is generally in the merde and locally, where we're very dependant on UK and US visitors, last year was bad, this year is predicted to be really bad - I'm on the local tourist board for about .25 of the Dordogne so get to discuss this regularly.

It's a shame you're not getting to move yet but think of the double joy when you do.

Bonne chance!
            TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

A toughie decision, but a well thought one. Well at least your staying for the beautiful weather, friendly chats on ere...........the hit men aint available for a year, so will hold off on that lol (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) to you both.
              Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Any Excuse for A Fireman!!

Do you see how much I want my very own Fireman children?!

Thanks andi&di.... I appreciate it hugely darling (kiss kiss, and lovely to speaks with you on the phone?!)

Trousers and I are currently switching the computer on long enough to be able to pay bills, and reply to any urgent inbox mail - and switching it off again at the first whiff of burning.

But I've purposely just caught up on your lovely thoughts and comments here, thank you so much, and I promise to set aside room between switching on, and calling the fire brigade, to update our Blob as soon as I can. Particularly, because a huge Pillowfight is forecast in that Bedroom in the sky over the next few days, and Holly and the surrounding woodland looks fab in the snow.

You're such a fabulous bunch of Grapes. Thank you for your kind wishes, all of you....

And actually, I'm due to become AUNTIE WELLIE again in about 6 weeks for the second time? so, I better jolly well stay in the country, eh?!

Lots of love for now.
                X

Comment

Good to 'see' you honey, and I hope the PC refrains from melting Have you tried vaccuuming it? Worked a treat with ours

Comment

No, you're right.... Wellie can always seem to find something way more interesting than Housework to do? Yes. We did that. And actually, when Trousers was on the 'puter this afternoon (trying to find out a bit more about a noo forum member in our locale) he did report that he thought that we weren't smelling too 'combustible'. To be completely honest, I don't think me knocking a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon over on the desk 'helped' much at all?!

Comment

Things happen for a reason and even when it is hard to see i am sure you have made the right decision, as all above have said you will love it all the more when you are able to move. Take Care xx
                      When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

I'm so sorry your immediate dreams have been shelved. It's no consolation but the same has happened to me.

You live in a beautiful house in a beautiful area. I absolutely loved being there last year and was so intrigued to meet other grapes .

You WILL get to where you want to be - it will just have to wait a year or so .

I will see you soon

Janie
                        "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                        Oxfordshire

Comment

Originally posted by wellie View Post
                          Trousers and I aren't going to France yet?
                          'S ok - it'll happen when it's right, and then it'll be right - if you see what I mean

Originally posted by JanieB View Post

You live in a beautiful house in a beautiful area.
                          Yes, you certainly do.

Originally posted by JanieB View Post
                          ....and was so intrigued to meet other grapes
                          *wonders if that's good or bad...?
                          Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 02-02-2009, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X