No announcement yet.

weird diets?!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't Liz Hurley swear by her watercress soup to get a few pounds off quickly for a big night out? Is meant to 'beat the bloat' or something. Nothing but watercress soups for a week.... Yum

Comment

Originally posted by pjh75 View Post
      I heard of one a few years ago that involved alternating between tinned hot dogs, cottage cheese and not much else... I think what happens is that doctors do prescribe what we would consider a very poor diet, but they are only intended to be relatively short-term and for a specific medical reason. What then happens is they get into the public domain, get changed as they get passed on and before you know it the general public are trying to live on a pint of milk and half a grape in order to lose weight.
      Have you seen what's in tinned hot dogs? Mechanicaly recovered meat! Not me, thanks.
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Cabbage Soup Diet

Originally posted by Tori View Post
        Ok I'm going skiing in 2 weeks and my ski pants don't fit. Whats the cabbage soup diet?!?!!!
        The ingredients of the cabbage soup, in themselves, are mostly healthy - though if stock is used as well as soup mix ... [it] could be quite high in salt. Overall the cabbage diet is deficient in protein, carbohydrate and essential fats.
        In the short term most people would lose weight very quickly. However, the loss of weight will come from loss of water and muscle tissue not from fat reserves.

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk..._soup_diet.htm
        Last edited by Two_Sheds; 27-01-2009, 09:23 AM.
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
          The ingredients of the cabbage soup, in themselves, are mostly healthy - though if stock is used as well as soup mix ... [it] could be quite high in salt. Overall the cabbage diet is deficient in protein, carbohydrate and essential fats.
          In the short term most people would lose weight very quickly. However, the loss of weight will come from loss of water and muscle tissue not from fat reserves.

The Cabbage Soup Diet: Report
          Never used soup MIX in it at all. Loads of veg, including a lot of cabbage, celery, onions, peppers, tin of toms, and 'proper' stock, not from a cube. One recipe I found added 4oz brown rice to the amount of soup made with one cabbage (lasts about the week) instead of eating rice on day 7 (and that was back to 'fruit and veg' instead).
          Also you are supposed to have one glass of skimmed milk per day (or a plain yoghurt if you prefer). Those who prefer yoghurt to milk can use that on the 'Banana and skimmed milk' day as well.
          Last edited by Hilary B; 27-01-2009, 02:33 PM.
          Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

It is all well and good to talk about 'sensible eating' but for those whose problem is the 'little extras' that make life fun, that means cutting out those extras, not just for a while, but FOR LIFE. If the 'extras' are not in the house, that is fine. If OH expects these things to be 'on tap' and worse, offers when HE wants some............
            Often though, the biggest problem is recognising the difference between 'hungry', 'tired' and 'thirsty'. Eating may seem the easiest choice, when what is really needed is a bit extra sleep.
            Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X