No announcement yet.

Bit Deflated

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have not been above showing people the door before now, when they have passed comments as to how they feel our house is not up to "their" standards.

If people don't like my house or the way we keep it, then as far as I'm concerned they can Naff Off.

I love the look on their faces when I get their coats and direct them out.
    I am certain that the day my boat comes in, I'll be at the airport.

Comment

you can choose your friends but you cant choose your family (or OH's) ......remember youre happy with Mr TS and your house and they might just be jealous of all the non-monetary happiness youve both got
      The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Have a nice bowl of soup and stuff em!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

My mum always said 'if you can't say anything nice......................' no one told them that, how rude. [picks up own mug of home made soup & toast's Twosheds, then drools over the thought of home made bread]

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
            I've been up since 4am cleaning the house for a VIP visit (in-laws and rich BiL).

I made my best Lotty Soup & home-baked bread at 6am.

They didn't want anything to eat, and apparently the house is a mess & a disaster and we shouldn't have bought it

-----------
            No comments necessary ... I'm off to sow some peas, that'll cheer me up again
            No comments necessary. I'm amazed that you didn't say something to them.

What is it they say about friends and relatives and the benefits of picking them?

If it doesn't cause too much of a problem with your OH, do what J did when she was abused and ridiculed by my mother a few years ago now - J didn't mind if she came round, just make it a time when J wasn't at home.

And where I come from, if people refused your hospitality and are critical of your home and food, bollox to them, they don't have to come again do they?
            TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

And I won't be the one with parrot's nuts in my dinner next time they come

Good on you, Two Sheds, as for those visitors - you're worth ten of 'em.
              My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Two Sheds we call our the OUTLAWS!! You can choose your friends but not your outlaws. I used to have the botox smile when mine came or we had to do the weekly visit. They can read my face but not my mind!!!

Sod em.
                http://herbie-veggiepatch.blogspot.com

Updated 23rd February 2009

Comment

Originally posted by TonyF View Post
                  No comments necessary. I'm amazed that you didn't say something to them.

What is it they say about friends and relatives and the benefits of picking them?

If it doesn't cause too much of a problem with your OH, do what J did when she was abused and ridiculed by my mother a few years ago now - J didn't mind if she came round, just make it a time when J wasn't at home.

And where I come from, if people refused your hospitality and are critical of your home and food, bollox to them, they don't have to come again do they?
                  i love this answer yes two sheds BOLLOX TO THEM!

Comment

And I won't be the one with parrot's nuts in my dinner next time they come
                    Poor parrot, what did he do to deserve that
                    Jane,
                    keen but (slightly less) clueless
                    http://janesvegpatch.blogspot.com

Comment

I had outlaws like that, nothing was ever good enough for their son. I divorced him in the end cause he wasn't good enough for me!! Not suggesting you do that, they really aren't worth it, whatever you do for people like that it is never enough, next time they visit don't cook, leave the housework and go out instead.
                      When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

How very very rude. If someone went to that effort for me I would be very appreciative.
                        Its your home, and as long as you and Mr Sheds are happy in it, your opinions of it are the only ones that count.
                        Kirsty b xx

Comment

TS,that's your house.You opened the door and offered something to eat.They didn't appreciate that and they had a cheek to say something about the house.
                          Next time don't bother with any special clean or food.
                          As somebody here said"people come to see me not the house".Obviously you got the wrong sort.And rude as well.
                          Forget them,there are so many good people around you...

Comment

They're probably totally unaware that they had been rude and are just rather narrow in the views on how people should live. Don't lower yourself to be rude in return, just bask in the knowledge that you know how to behave.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Poor twosheds
                              It's hard to get your head round other people's attitudes sometimes.
                              Would you not, especially in this day and age be deeply touched that someone had gone to the trouble of making soup - and not just that - from vegetables they'd grown themselves and then made bread as well?
                              They seem to be missing the whole point of life and have no concept of how you are trying to live your life.
                              Very joyless and poisonous to the atmosphere they sound. And if you go to someone's house happening to think you should have been served some delicacy with doillies what about politeness? How very mean spirited.
                              Hope you don't have to put up with this again anytime soon.
                              Sue

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X