Who has Snow

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oleander View Post
    Big fat wet flakes falling in Jersey, but not sticking - at least not where I am. Last time I saw this was exactly 18 years ago, to the very day - I remember it very well as I was in hospital giving birth, and the little sprog is now 6 foot tall and 18 years old tomorrow!
    mine is 19 on thursday, and yup it was snow for us too, mines now 6 foot 1 ....... i think there has only been 2 years in the last 19 that we haven't had snow on 5th feb, normally not this much though lol ...... tis interesting having a BBQ party in the snow

we have enough to cover my leeks, i can't see em
    Last edited by lynda66; 02-02-2009, 12:06 PM.

Comment

It's been snowing heavily one minute, then blue skies the next. This morning the 2 local secondary schools closed but the primaries are open! Also, Durham County Council seem to have learned from the last snowfall we had (when the roads weren't properly cleared) as this morning I passed a couple of tractors with snowploughs on the front and grit sprayers on the back. They were working really hard to keep the main roads clear and open. I'm guessing that they were brought in to supplement the 'proper' gritters.

Looks very pretty though - we're surrounded by woodland.

Hope everyone gets home safe and sound today.
      Julie

Comment

oh cool have just seen on news, we are expecting half a metre of snow .....

Comment

Warm(ish) and raining here. But I did manage to get in my peas and beans this morning though.
          Tx

Comment

Great snow pics Duronal and Kernowyon. I haven't seen snow like that for years. Thank you.

We've got a few inches of snow here and I could do without it.
            I've got the workers in demolishing the old conservatory to get the new one started.
            Don't think they'll be able to lay foundations anytime soon.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Cat went out o do what cats do and came back with dandruff!
              The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
              Brian Clough

Comment

mine have now refused point blank to go back out after a forced morning constitutional, and are currently all snug in front of the fire.

Comment

Yay its snowing .... or it was for five seconds sun shine now and blue skies !!!
                  Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                  and ends with backache

Comment

Mine are on various beds, prob with their legs crossed as I don't think any of them have been out since I've been up

Comment

my colleague and i were wandering what would happen if we couldn't get out to work, we work as home carers, who would go to the old and disabled if we couldn't get out to them??! Scarey thought as several wouldn't be able to make themselves anything to eat, wash etc, although it would have to be really bad for them not to be able to get anyone to them.

Comment

That's a very good point. There is a little old lady across the road from us who has carers 4 times a day. I shall look out and make sure they have been. I don't want to go knocking on the door and scare her silly if they have been.

Comment

Originally posted by janeyo View Post
                          Mine are on various beds, prob with their legs crossed as I don't think any of them have been out since I've been up
                          thats why i chucked mine out to become snow kittys

Comment

i really need some shavings and straw, but think i might not bother[/QUOTE]

I have a bale of each in the back of my Land Rover Lynda, but you are a bit far away from me
                            http://www.robingardens.com

Seek not to know all the answers, just to understand the questions.

Comment

yeah, might be a bit far lol think the m6 is snowed in anyway lol ....... i'm getting used to everything smelling of chicken s**t now though ....... well almost

Comment

If my little boy wasn't only 4 and had lots of roads to cross I would be quite tempted to let him come home on his own and therefore I wouldn't have to go out to fetch him. In the cold.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X