No announcement yet.

Who has Snow

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow here. Lovely bright morning, very nice. Had a friend over from Vancouver - went back last night. Not much snow over there at the moment although it fell to a metre thick in December apparently. Ever-practical, my reaction: "ooh how lovely and Christmassy.'
    I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

After listening to Mr Sheds tell me all weekend that we would get it "really bad, 12 inches of it" I wake up to find that we have ... a dusting. A sprinkling. Barely a tablespoon's worth.
      (we're right on the coast, see, it's too salty)
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

we got about a foot of snow, buses cancelled, underground cancelled, walked to the paper shop and no papers delivered.

Just phone my mum and told her we'd see her in the spring!!! OH couldnt get to work.

Comment

Wow, all London bus drivers have the day off. Airports shut too.

Put a blanket and emergency food hamper in your boot folks, and charge your mobiles up, if you must go out driving.
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Snowed in...and off work.

As i'm off work for the day due to the alplike snow conditions i thought i'd see if anyone else was in the same position.

When i woke this morning there was approx. a foot of snow in the back garden. See pictures below.

Maybe we could get a snow collection going.

As a quick question would it be sensible to try and rescue my apple maidens in pots?

Take it easy

D
            Attached Files
            www.myspace.com/alexfcooke
            www.outofthecool.com
            http://polytunneldiaries.blogspot.com/

Comment

we have loads !its great cause our disaster of a half finished drive looks the same as everybody elses in the road!!!
              we finally fit in.

Comment

I swept the back decking 10 mins ago, and it's covered over already.

Comment

not snowed in, but Kids off school, been out for an hour with the dog and are trying to warm up now, need to go out again later to see what shops are open as we have no food in the house
                  Vive Le Revolution!!!
                  'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
                  Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Yep... had to abandon my commute to Dorchester just after Bournemouth. Driving conditions were not good.
                    pjh75

We sow the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed. (Neil, The Young Ones)

http://producebypaula.blogspot.com/

Comment

We have a light dusting here, looks very pretty. Tis -2 degrees.
                      Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

We have about 6-7cm here. Coming from the prairies in Canada, I still find it amusing how this little amount can send a country into shutdown. I understand the UK isn't equipped for snow the way most of Canada is, but it still is funny to me. I don't think my school was ever closed for the amount of snow that fell. Cold yes, but never just snow. And cold had to be -25°C.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                          We have and I really don't want any - I was hoping to bring LadyWayne and Hayden home today!
                          bought my lil bean home 17 years and 1 week ago in the snow!
                          you'd still be nervous if it was bright sunshine.
                          you feel so proud walking out of hospital with them,lovely feeling.
                          WRAP UP XXXX

Comment

I'm with Fiona H (morning F). South West Trains didn't know when they might get me into London and had no idea if they would be able to get me back out again.

I grew up in Yorkshire where we had gritters, snow ploughs and, for the really extreme times, a snowblower. Last night there was as Fiona has said, no sign of a gritter for love nor money. This was forecast last week so why not? she asks rhetorically.

Does anyone know what it is that they do spread on the roads down here 'cos it certainly isn't rock salt?

ICIW
                            All the ideas just no gear

Comment

Originally posted by Growem View Post
                              We have about 6-7cm here. Coming from the prairies in Canada, I still find it amusing how this little amount can send a country into shutdown. I understand the UK isn't equipped for snow the way most of Canada is, but it still is funny to me. I don't think my school was ever closed for the amount of snow that fell. Cold yes, but never just snow. And cold had to be -25°C.
                              My friend who lived in Canada is similarly amused But I should point out that all of the UK isn't the same - Scotland is far less likely to grind to a halt, and northern England is a bit more used to it than the south

Comment

Originally posted by Growem View Post
                                I'm with you there - we used to build huge slides [well, they were huge when I was little], and I remember the feeling of thawing out and the smell of snow as everything dried out.

I also remember having a red snowsuit - used to zip up from the left leg right up to the chin. And the icicles used to hang down a good couple of feet and I used to jump up, knock them off and eat them. i think I may have had some assistance in jumping up! I was only 6 [in Cooksville Ontario], but the snow was a constant for weeks on end.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X