No announcement yet.

Who has Snow

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• was trying to get one of the hills, but the clouds are so low, you can't actually see them,
    Attached Files

Comment

• We have just a sprinkle but its beginning to snow more thickly now.
      My grandaughter who is 5 is so excited as we have'nt had snow for several years.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Just come in from a lovely walk in the snow. OH couldn't get to work today (no trains) so we took advantage and went out for about an hour. Our road into the nearest village looks as if no-one has been on it all day. All around the snow is squeaking as you tread on it.

You just have to get out there and enjoy it if you can, it won't happen again soon, I bet. We've just had the first snowball fight ever, after more than 10 years together!
        Growing in the Garden of England

Comment

• it's started coming down in huge chunks again now think we'll have a foot in less than an hour if it carries on

Comment

• the funny thing is it takes me about 30 mins to walk to work , today it took 45 but at least 6 people loked at me and said morning normaly nobody bothers must be the snow ?

Comment

• We have lots of snow here Its 4 - 5 inches thick on top of the chicken cage. Curious, I remember much worse snow as a child in the Lake District yet everyone went to school- and I lived on a remote mountain! The same in Denmark where one winter was Artic- yet nothing came to a stand still. I guess we are not used to snow anymore.

Comment

• Woke up to a fairytale landscape - about 6 or seven inches of snow. No one could get up or down our hill for a while - a gritter came along and it skidded part the way down, only 4 x 4s could attempt it. Later in the day the temperature rose and it started to thaw a little but it hasn't stopped snowing! No tubes no buses and just as I'm about to get cosy for the evening, I've been asked to cover someone who can't get in to work. I've told them I can't drive as I don't think I'd be able to get back up the hill so will walk down and to expect a muffled figure wearing ski jacket, son's snowboarding pants and yard boots!
                Although I love the snow and have been out in the garden knocking the snow off the bushes and clearing the conservatory roof, this was the week that I had no work planned and was going to seriously start on getting the lottie ready for sowing
                So that plan is on the backburner until the weather bucks up, it's too exposed to be up there when it's cold.

Comment

• just got in from shopping, snow is coming down and me and OH were snowball fighting in the car park, we got some odd looks and one man said we were being irresponsible!!! How I asked but didnt get a reply! We enjoyed it though lol
                  Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

• Daughter came home and threw a large snowball at me indoors it went down the front of my top grr. Wait till I get her back, she was soaking cos they were making snow angels etc.
                    Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                    and ends with backache

Comment

• well the colleges extreme weather plan seems to have failed as usual.phoned the college on several different numbers no answer, so couldnt tell if it was open or closed.Phoned my boss as she lives in the next road to me and was told didnt you get a message like me "the college is closed".Later pat, one of the caretakers calls and asks what is going on, some people told not to come in and other asked to come in todo the jobs forgoten in the great contingecy weather plan.Like he said if he could get to work he would have!
                      Tommorow s supposed to freeze over and be as bad as today so not a clue what will happen then.Do know that im supposed to get my car repaired for its mot tommorow as well
                      When my grandfather was alive and working for the council all the workers used to be put on standby ready to be called in for overtime work eg gritting repairs etc where needed, i dont expect this happens now because of the cost involed. every one for themselves.
                      a good put down line to use !

If having brains was a fatal disease, you would be the only survivor.

Comment

• Originally posted by butter fingers View Post
                        well the colleges extreme weather plan seems to have failed as usual.phoned the college on several different numbers no answer, so couldnt tell if it was open or closed.Phoned my boss as she lives in the next road to me and was told didnt you get a message like me "the college is closed".Later pat, one of the caretakers calls and asks what is going on, some people told not to come in and other asked to come in todo the jobs forgoten in the great contingecy weather plan.Like he said if he could get to work he would have!
                        Tommorow s supposed to freeze over and be as bad as today so not a clue what will happen then.Do know that im supposed to get my car repaired for its mot tommorow as well
                        When my grandfather was alive and working for the council all the workers used to be put on standby ready to be called in for overtime work eg gritting repairs etc where needed, i dont expect this happens now because of the cost involed. every one for themselves.
                        my father worked for the council and I always remember that in winter he was on standby, they used to come pick him up for gritting.........now we play try to spot the gritter!

Comment

• I've just heard that all council run schools in surrey are shut for tomorrow. How i wish i was a kid again!
                          www.myspace.com/alexfcooke
                          www.outofthecool.com
                          http://polytunneldiaries.blogspot.com/

Comment

• In all the years I was at school(1954-65) I think I had one day off due to he weather!
                            The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                            Brian Clough

Comment

• we didnt get days off school,we walked! if it was bad and there were not many kids in, we played!!! too soft nowadays, just told my lad he is walking tomorrow, snow or no snow, his face was a picture!

Comment

• Even we've got about an inch of snow - still trying and still settling, even on the roads - a few local roads have been shut - whatever next!! Had to send a couple of workers home early, just to make sure they could get there! I thought I'd be fine, main roads all the way home, but some were definitely a bit dodgy. Just hope it doesn't freeze overnight, I hate that, snow is fine, but it's horrible when it freezes on top.
                                Life is too short for drama & petty things!
                                So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X