No announcement yet.

Who has Snow

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i know sad isnt it? i keep looking at the news, it doesnt come here!
    Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

• the way they talk on the news about snow is like we have never had it before!

did u see the tornado off the cornish coast?
      Last edited by allotmentlady; 03-02-2009, 05:05 PM.
      Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

• we still have some, 4-6 inches, lots of it disappeared overnight, but has been a beautiful sunny day today, so very cold out, so it'll be all frozen by the morning.... so much for the 1/2 a metre we were expecting last night

Comment

• Snows all gone here but it's wet and cold.
          The builders went away after an hour declaring they were suffering from hypothermia.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

• We had loads and it was fab. Me, the dog and the horses loved it - the horses are as bad as kids for playing in it! The cat was sooooooo not impressed, and the chooks were a bit cross until they realized there was grass underneath!

My car was frozen shut this morning, I couldn't even pull the door handles to start with. It's going now though.

It had to snow this week because my sister was over from spain and she hates snow/wet/cold. I did manage to chuck a snowball at her OH and soak him, her, my nephew and my OH all with one snowball - excellent - except it was in my kitchen lol. Just had to be done though!
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Lots of snow at home this morning, it looked like a crimbo card, couldn't open the doors on the mini, i must have looked like a lune, well more of a one than normal, doing a kind of jiggy, pully dance to try and get them open, in the end i got the passenger side open and climbed over! Fun start to the day. Still lots about here but starting to melt.
              When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

• It's 80 + clear blue sky sat out in garden with a nice cold beer.
                I wish.
                The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                Brian Clough

Comment

• Rain rain and more rain here, snow all gone
                  Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                  and ends with backache

Comment

• Still got about 4" of snow, schools reopened today though, so done the school run, but school approach roads and school car parks / internal pathways completely untreated and a good solid sheet of ice.

PMO that the schools expect our children to go in, but they can not even be bothered to salt/grit the internal paths, ridiculous.

Comment

• Its very twinkly here today. Sun shining merrily, but still sub-zero temps outside.
                      You know when you swish back curtains and dust motes start floating about the room and you can see them when the sun catches them? Well its like that outside, glanced toward the pond as I went back inside and the sun was catching tiny particles of ice floating in the air and making them twinkle. Very pretty, but too tiny for me to get a pic (I did try)
                      Kirsty b xx

Comment

• Well, here's a selection of my snow pics. It's still chaos at work, as they can't clear the site. I can't get public transport here without travellign for 2.5hrs, so I drove in and ended up abandoning my car in Sutton Hospital again!!!

However, we have had sooooooooo much fun in the truck with the snow! OH lives next to a playing field and car park, so I practiced my donut technique (gotta love those rear wheel drives!!). I counted at least 8 and his friend is very impressed with the 'girl', lol! Funny thing was, we did the same thing a couple of years ago and his Dad was telling him later on about some idiots doing donuts in the car park next door. When OH confessed, his Dad made him take the truck back, so HE could have a go (he's 71!!!).

One day, I might grow up. Might.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Should add that the first pic is Dorking on Sunday night, so before it got very silly and the last one is down a local green lane. My kitty is in the garden in the second pic, walking where the onions should be!!!

Comment

• It's been snowing here all day and everythings white and pretty.

The poor workmen worked in it all morning and finished demolishing the old conservatory. They were very cheerful about it.
                            Just waiting for better weather now so they can get on and build the new conservatory.
                            I'm looking forward to that.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

• We have had snow since Monday, been able to get into work and eldest daughters school has been closed for one day on Tuesday due to health and safety! Today conditions have been worse than Tuesday and they have opened. The health and safety risk's were increased today as the gritters had been out, it then snowed over night and then the ground was frozen so we had sheet ice on most of the main roads this morning.
                              The snow started to thaw today but now we have a severe weather warning that we will see substantial snowfall tonight, so here we go again. The kids love it
                              Last edited by Herbie; 04-02-2009, 07:05 PM.
                              http://herbie-veggiepatch.blogspot.com

Updated 23rd February 2009

Comment

• Snowing non stop since sunday night, sunny all day today (wednesday) but no thaw, heavy snow again now

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X