• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by littlemark View Post
    Eglu this morning:

Mark
    Quite litterly i see.
    Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

• leicester not had as much snow for a few years,when we moved to our currant address 22/23 years ago,was the last time we saw anything to write home about,it was worse than now,DH moved it from our driveways with a then,little homemade machine,with a dozer blade,he remembers when he was younger,living near Durham,his dad used to keep a shovel inside the house so he dig the way out,the snow was always worse up north.
      Last edited by lottie dolly; 05-02-2009, 08:32 AM.
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• About 2 inches here in normally sunny Stoke-on-Trent, it's really pretty and I have a snowday! Hurray!

Comment

• Just a couple of pics from this morning!!!
          Attached Files
          BW
          James

I like to try, might not get far, but I like to try.

Comment

• I told the good lady it was snowing again last night. I was suprised when she said good, "I want 6" tonight".

I couldnt believe she wanted so much to fall.

Comment

• Lots of snow in Barlaston - but the best news is the School is open.
              Going down to plot to get some snow photos , my allotment will now looks as good as all the others!
              My plot is on this site!

Comment

• Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
                I told the good lady it was snowing again last night. I was suprised when she said good, "I want 6" tonight".

She obviously does not get that much usually then.....

Sorry.

I'll go hoover the house.
                Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

• Couple of inches more this morning! Looks very pretty. Supposed to be having new hall and stair carpets fitted today, but just been called off - the 'phone rang the very minute I'd finished getting everything ready for the fitters...

Ah well. Will close eyes to the disarray, and hope that they can make it soon.
                  I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

• We had a huge load of snow last night and high winds, so there are 2' snow drifts here, but the snow in general is about 3" deep, and it's still comming down now.

We will be glad when it's all melted.

Snowy pics of our garden are on our site.

Also we have heard that our council is getting very low on road grit. The roads here are bad enough already.

Comment

• Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
                      I told the good lady it was snowing again last night. I was suprised when she said good, "I want 6" tonight".

is she not pleased with anything less????

off to sweep snow off car..........
                      Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

• 4 inches of the white stuff here today. No school. 4 yr old and the toddlie been out making snow men, toddlie cried when he had to come in. daddy been playing hooky for an hour so he could take them outside.

Will post pics when he has made them smaller for me.

I hate the snow. Chickens not impressed either.

You can just see in the phote OH and th boys watching me from the warmth of the house - lucky things!
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by janeyo; 05-02-2009, 09:51 AM. Reason: photo add

Comment

• No snow when i looked out at 2.30am and then at 5.45 we had about 6 inches outside.
                          Couldn't believe it, been out with our pooch who goes mental in it. No school, it stopped snowing about 9.30am and is now just starting again, it is lovely and quiet here as not many people on the roads you can hear all the birds singing.
                          Made sure topped up the feeders for my little feathered buddies.
                          Hoping everyone is safe and snuggly indoors and that all your nearest and dearest and safe and warm too. x
                          When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

• My OH's daughter isn't going to be happy...her school is one of the few still open this week. She was hoping for some days off this week.

Lets hope she's over it by the time she gets here tomorrow night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike and Louise View Post
                              We had a huge load of snow last night and high winds, so there are 2' snow drifts here, but the snow in general is about 3" deep, and it's still comming down now.

We will be glad when it's all melted.

Snowy pics of our garden are on our site.

Also we have heard that our council is getting very low on road grit. The roads here are bad enough already.
                              We are just down the road from you in swindon and everything has come to a stand still. Council only has enough grit for the weekend. Majority of schools closed, stagecoach has stopped their buses running, six foot snow men everywhere. The kids were even building them in the town centre
                              Haven't seen snow here like this for years. Still managed to get the day off.
                              It's just stopped snowing here, so hopefully the thaw is on the way.
                              http://herbie-veggiepatch.blogspot.com

Updated 23rd February 2009

Comment

• still have about 4 inches from the other day, but it's just started again, i really really need to get to town need shavings and rabbit food, but far too slippy and scary ...... bunny is not impressed with the chicken pellets and corn she had for brekkie lol, oh well, she has plenty of hay and some cabbage.

cleo is currently up a tree trying to catch snowflakes, i give her about 10 mins, till she realises she's stuck up it

poppy under the duvet keeping my feet warm, and heating is on, (hope i get a cold weather payment this week, cos gas will run out well before payday.)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X