Ever had one of those days?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever had one of those days?

Several inches of snow made me decide to leave for work in stout hiking boots, taking my silly work shoes with me. Upon arrival discovered that silly shoes were still at home, so I had to spend the day in smart suit and clod-hopping boots. Tried to hide in office, but found it difficult to pretend to do much work as reading specs were also at home. Come lunchtime I discovered my purse was missing. I'd shoved everything in one of those hessian bag-for-life things and had picked up the wrong one. I only had my sarnies with me as I'd put them in it as I went through the door, but no money = no coffee so I was left to extract as much moisture as I could from the few grapes I'd taken with me. (not you lot, obviously, though vampirism was starting to sound attractive by the time 5 o'clock came around). Then I called in a bookshop on way home and bought a couple of novels - I did have my card with me, tucked into the pocket of my handbag. To his credit OH didn't laugh when he heard about my day - or at least not to my face - he sat me down with a cuppa and one of the new books and said he'd make supper. The new book was great, exactly the sort of thing I love to read...... which probably explains why I'd read it before. Never mind I finally sat down to supper. OH is a rather good cook, but he does use some strange, corner cutting techniques sometimes. Tonight his brilliant idea was to bash up the peppercorns in a mortar and pestle rather than risk RSI using the grinder. SIX peppercorns in one meal for two. . I'm on the pooter now wondering if I'll be the only person in England ever to die of dehydration in the middle of a snowstorm.
    Last edited by bluemoon; 03-02-2009, 06:29 PM.
    Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Never mind bluemoon - it sounds like your day has got better. There's nowt like curling up and reading a good book is there? Hope you have a good night.
    Bernie aka DDL
    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Hope you hadn't read the second book? I've bought a book twice too. It took me about three quarters of the way through to realise! Shows how much attention I paid first time round.
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Sometimes it does seem like it is one of those days, you never know next time you go into work everyone might be wearing big boots cause they think it is the latest fash, you could be a trend setter.
        When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

At least wearing clumpy shoes in the office looks like you made a huge effort to get in - must be worth a few brownie points!
          http://www.justgiving.com/Vicky-Berr...-Marathon-2010

Comment

Now I like reading books twice, but buying them twice is a bit hardcore. Although - I have bought Catcher in the Rye SO many times because I lend it to people and never ever get it back.

Hope today is significantly better. Sending you an unseasoned hug in a mug...

((((((((((((((( c(_) ))))))))))))))

Comment

Ha!..well today can only get better!!!

I keep all my books- get them second hand at charity shops- but the already read , and the unread ones have all got mixed up in the move- and I've already got well into 2 or 3 books before realising I've read them before...just a little thought at the back of my mind thinking- oh good...I've seen a film similar to this before

bit of advise for next snow day ...stay in bed!!!!!
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Ah, poor bluemoon, hope you have a better day today.
                You did make me smile though!
                Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Hope today's a better one for you!!
                  A few years ago,we got the same video out three or four times...wasn't until we started to watch it we realised we'd already seen it....sad thing is,it wasn't even that good!!
                  the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

I ALWAYS read books many times, unless I I find one I don't like! Every so often I start on books by a particular author, and I read loads of them in succession, then I switch to a different author. I probably have at least as many works of assorted fiction as some the mobile library! Pity they are so 'all over the place'....
                    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one who does all of those things! Not usually all on one day though!!!
                      Onwards and upwards, tomorrow's another dayxx
                      Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Well, thankfully, yesterday was much better. One of those days when all the 'nice' people seem to be around the office and everyone has time for a chat, so the hours flew by. Today is ever better than that though as it's my day off, so I can sit and watch the dogs playing in the snow and not have to worry about how deep it's getting because I can just stay by the fire with a cuppa. Lovely.
                        Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X