Door to door salesmen

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
    I used to get the JWs & the morons quite often I put a goats skull in the window.................................Now no god squad.....................BLISS
    oh yeah, i'm quite happy to talk to them and invite them in to discuss my devil worshipping, and also ask if they would like to come next time we sacrifice a goat ....... funny, but they only seem to want to talk about their own religions

Comment

We used to get loads of sales men/women around our area, especially just after we moved here.
      The worst offenders were British Gas, constantly trying to get us to switch over to them

We decided to put this sign on our front door window.

-------------------------------------------------------
      No
      bible bashers
      or any salespeople

(yes that means you too)

We don't want to buy anything.
      We don't want to sign up for anything.
      We don't want to change our telephone service.
      We don't want to change our gas or electricity supplier.
      We are not interested in changing anything just to save ourselves a stupid amount of money each year. We are not that desperate or cash.

Your sales techniques won't work here
      so go and bug someone else !!!

Thank you.
      -------------------------------------------------------

It has worked too. We no longer get any sales people knocking on our door. They all walk past and bug the neighbours instead.
      The sign has even worked for the bible bashers too lol.

Print it out and try it yourself lol.

Comment

A friend of mine is a Quaker & he invited the JWs into one of their meetings .........................................They soon left & have never been back
        The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
        Brian Clough

Comment

Apparently while I was out the other day OH had no fewer than 3 charity collectors in the space of less than two hours. What really annoys me is this attitude many have that if you're home between the hours of nine and five then you've nothing else better to do than answer the door to them and chat about whatever it is they're selling, the same with change your electricity/gas supplier salesmen. The fact is people increasingly work from home, many are mums with young children and there are ill or elderly people for whom continually answering the door is painful or exhausting. Last year my mum was approached by two people attempting to make her change her phone supplier and was intimidated to the point where my daughter, who just happened to be on the phone to her at the time and could hear what was happening, used her mobile to call a friend who lives near Mum and asked them to go around to get rid of these people. The whole incident lasted a good while and I really don't know what would have happened if my daughter hadn't been listening. A complaint to the company concerned was a complete waste of time.
          Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by OverWyreGrower View Post
            I tell them my mum isn't home.... (I'm 29)

Actually, I usually bring a dog to the door with me, 5 stone of barking, frothing at the mouth, straining-at-the-collar Boxer and tell them I'm a bit busy
            Thats what I do too!!! Sometimes I bring both of them to the door. Max put out a friendly paw to say hello to a cold caller once, and it landed somewhere sensitive just below the waist. Nearly crippled the poor lad!!!
            Kirsty b xx

Comment

My ex had several snakes before I met him, so he used to invite folks in the soon made a sharp exit when the 16 foot snake he had used to come out of the corner to see who was visiting!

Comment

When the Boy was 5-6 he used to open the door and tell who ever it was to F*** OFF then shut the door. Ok the has a few ASD issues and great for salesmen. But no so funny when it was MIL.
                My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

We live in an area where there is supposed to be no cold calling etc, but they still come round. Normally older ladies... I reckon because there is a high retired population so they probably think residents would feel less threatened.
                  pjh75

We sow the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed. (Neil, The Young Ones)

http://producebypaula.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X