Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the strangest named wine you've ever had?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a bottle behind the bar of "The Bluebell" in Desford labled "Pi**ed as a Newt".The bottle was actually full of wine with dead lizards in it!!(it wasn't for sale)
    An old wine maker I knew had a recipe for "Snakes Venom" wine,the recipe even went into detail as to how to find and "milk" your Adder,neither of us tried it!(making or drinking)

Comment

Hitler Wine

Hitler' wines seized in Italy - decanter.com - the route to all good wine
      My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

I once made gallons of parsnip wine that was like rocket fuel and tasted a bit like turpentine! I made labels for it and called it 'Old Kick Arse'........and it did!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

In Egypt they sell dodgy fake Gin that sends you mental/blind/infertile etc ...

It's called Gordoons !

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
            I once made gallons of parsnip wine that was like rocket fuel and tasted a bit like turpentine! I made labels for it and called it 'Old Kick Arse'........and it did!
            Did same put skull & cross bones on the label & called shattered Smith.
            The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
            Brian Clough

Comment

I had a very nice bottle of 'Fat b*stard' chardonnay once, and it's sister red wine was ' Utter b*stard ' syrah.

Wren

Comment

What's the strangest named wine you've ever had?

OK -I'm cheating.....Because I've not 'had' it yet?
                and clearly, you wine-buffs don't need to do a 'Group Hug' here?!

But Scarey55 and I made an Elderberry & Blackberry wine together in Auvergene. She is probably still doubled up on the floor remembering how I 'sucked'? and she named it: Wellie's Wonderful Wed Wine.
                Quality!

She very kindly brought Trousers and I two bottles over on their visit to England.....and I can't help thinking that THe Piglets deserve to be subjected to a tasting?!
                The Second bottle just HAS to be saved for my very favourite Scarey & Scared when they return to be our guests one day this or next year.
                Be very scared my darlings......(!)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X