Most hated housework

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miffy View Post
    Hate cleaning the bathroom, particularly the loo, two big boys with dodgy aims in our house!!
    Love hoovering, like to see how much muck i am getting rid of in the cyclone, sad i know but feels theraputic somehow.
    My ex ma-in law trained her hubby and son (6 foot4 so a long way to aim) to KNEEL DOWN and pee. And they did it.

Comment

Originally posted by janeyo View Post
      My ex ma-in law trained her hubby and son (6 foot4 so a long way to aim) to KNEEL DOWN and pee. And they did it.
      lol, i trained mine to sit down ..... much easier than kneeling.

Comment

OH empties the hoover. I can't touch it. I have to wash my hands after hoovering. I can't even touch the bin I have to wash my hands twice after even if i have scrubbed it with gloves on. Think I have that OCD thing.

Strangely enough I love the garden dirt lol.

I HATE cleaing patio inside windows and often bung the window cleaner an extra fiver to come in and do it They are constantly covered in 4yr old size finger prints and 19month old size snot prints. Lovely lol.

Comment

All of it, I'm a bloke so I get a cleaner in.

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
            We're a family of 5 hoarders, in a too small house So tidying is the worst/hardest job in our house. I don't mind cleaning, but I hate the full day of sorting required just to be able to thoroughly clean one room. Then within half a day, it looks a mess again, which is totally infuriating!
            I don't do ironing - the tumble dryer sorts that one out! We have a dishwasher, but if it's full I don't mind hand-washing the overspill.
            I do loathe clothes washing, mainly, I think, because you can never stand back and get the satisfaction of saying "That's done" - with 5 of us it's a constant never-ending job
            Anyway, whatever housework needs doing, if there's a gardening job to be done, it takes priority
            Imagine the washing when seven of us lived here, four sons, one OH, daughter and me and the ironing down to three of us now much easier.
            Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
            and ends with backache

Comment

has to be ironing lol! hate it and now pay my eldest £5 a week to do it lol!

Comment

or in lyndas case peeling/washing spuds, she sticks em in the dishwasher!
                Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Sweeping the leaves from the garden,,,, does that count ?

Comment

House work is a pain whilst you have to do it, but doesn't it feel good when your house is spotless and you can relax with a coffee at the end.?! (5 minutes later the dog walks mud in and the kids destroy it - why bother?!)

Comment

The thing I hate most is the thought of having to start it. Once I've got going I'm fine! I don't mind ironing, if I'm in the mood, but jodhpurs and fleeces don't need ironing lol. OH wears army trousers under overalls so his stuff doesn't need ironing, so I'm quite lucky really.

I hate cleaning the top of the oven (I wipe as I go, but 'chef' doesn't), so Mondays I usually have to scrub it.

My pet hate is cleaning the bathroom. As someone else said what do fellas do in there?! He cleans the loo - he makes it like that!
                      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by lavender lou View Post
                        I hate clothes washing too...my other half has 2 grown up sons and they only seem to wear something for an hour and then it's in the wash.
                        I hate washing clean clothes! Life is too damn short. OH changes 2 or 3 times a day and flings everything on the bed/floor/banisters.
                        I nag him to hang it all up, so he puts it in the wash

So I pull it out of the wash and hang it back in the wardrobe - it's an endless (not so)merry-go-round

(he is getting better, bless him)
                        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X