No announcement yet.

Any use for a 'dead' slow cooker?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when my parents moved to spain i got their hoard of about 2o plugs, i kept a few just in case, and took the fuses out ..... funny but i needed a fuse the other day and couldn't find one, should have kept them in the plugs

has the cooker got exposed elements? or is it just a bowl with the heat bit enclosed?? ..... i was thinking about an incubator ........ but then i have a one track mind
    Last edited by lynda66; 17-02-2009, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Sell it on eBay - No I'm not kidding, I could have done with it when my old one went wrong and all I was left with was a lovely ceramic pot - in the end I used it as a plant pot holder
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Like Flum I was going to suggest a bain marie, you could melt chocolate in it mmm...
        Sorry, drifted off there, I can't ever throw anything out but maybe you should do just that. Or advertise it free/cheap for anyone who has just got the inside bowl & needs the bit you have!
        Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

be strong - bin it
          aka
          Suzie

Comment

I'm with Piskie - but then, I'm not a hoarder.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Sell it on ebay or offer it on freecycle, betya someone will want it.
              Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

I'd have it!
                Old slow cookers are perfect for the pickling process in silversmithing.

(I bet I wouldn't be the only silversmith who would have it off you either!)
                Tx

Comment

A jerry rigged central heating system for the greenhouse.......small pump to pump the water out through black pipe round the greenhouse with return pouring the water back into the slowcooker......
                  Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

You could use it to heat your soil for sowing your seedlings in?

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Any suggestion involving putting water in the 'outer pot' would be a not-so-good-idea, but simply leaving it open and 'on' should produce a warm-air system for a small greenhouse. A bit of low cunning might adapt that to direct the warm air where you want it.
                      Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Just out of interest....what's the model & size???Just remembered we've got a "Hinari lifestyle"medium sized one in the cupboard...inner cook pot still in tact but the wiring on the outside bit is rather dodgy so we don't use it!!(got a lovely big one recycled from Andi's sister instead!).....can't imagine what postage would cost....possibly as much as a new slowcooker??
                        the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

LOL about the plug removing , my OH insist on removing all the leads from dead electrical items. Weve got loads of them. Am currently trying to sneak a dead laminator to the tip without him seeing it. Have hidden it in the recycling box. He also hoards pieces of wood does anyone elses OH do that

Comment

Originally posted by slooky View Post
                            He also hoards pieces of wood does anyone elses OH do that
                            It's a man thing - we wouldn't understand.

However, when I want a bird box making he always has just the right bits! So I'm not (entrely) knocking it!
                            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I hoard cardboard boxes. I sell stuff on eBay, so never know when and what size I'm going to need for parcelling stuff up. I now need to spend a day clearing out my shed and flat packing them all, so I can use the shed
                              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X