No announcement yet.

Selling on ebay - problem payers

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=amandaandherveg;377223]Ha ha ha.......

What a nutter, let me see how many £2 coins I have in my purse, lol.

It was a £2 coin from Gibraltar. It had a cross on the back. Quite rare apparently.
    I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Comment

Humph! All disappointed now, lol!

Did the next closest bidder buy it?
      Last edited by amandaandherveg; 19-02-2009, 01:14 PM.

Comment

No they didn`t so I put it back on and it went for £6.00.
        Commonwealth Games £2 coins go well to.
        Last edited by sharonr; 19-02-2009, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sharonr View Post
          My last non payer bid £16.00 on a £2 coin. He had over 500 feedback. I think he got carried away with his bidding.
          Hope it wasnt my OH lol he collects coins and buys most of them on ebay.
          Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
          and ends with backache

Comment

My son has sold loads of stuff on ebay and has always received payment almost immediately. Is he just very lucky then?
            Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Playing devil's advocate here, and I can see why people would exclude buyers with less feedback, but surely it's a bit like getting a job. You need the job to get experience, but you need experience to get the job. If everyone excluded buyers who've purchased less than 10 times, they won't get the chance to prove themselves.
              I've only bought on ebay (not sold), usually stuff my kids have wanted. I've been a member for 3 years or so, and only bought 17 times, and that includes stuff from the USA, but I pay immediately. I make sure the funds are where they need to be before bidding, and always pay by Paypal. I won't bid if the seller doesn't accept that.
              I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
              Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

I agree you have to start somewhere. Not all first time buyers are bad.

Comment

Originally posted by allotmentlady View Post
                  check they are getting the invoices and try to email them, i have had this recently and discovered that they were not checking their messages but were checking emails. Its a pain when it happens......
                  Unfortunately that is one big flaw with eBay; Their message system is very haphazard. It took me nearly a week to contact a buyer recently, who said they hadn't received ANY communication from me. I had sent two invoices, and about four other messages during this time.

The company I bought my little Chicken Coop from emailed me to say they were losing loads of customers due to messages not getting through, and getting undeserved negative feedback.

Originally posted by bluemoon View Post
                  My son has sold loads of stuff on ebay and has always received payment almost immediately. Is he just very lucky then?
                  No, I think most of the time eBay works very well. You can safeguard yourself by using PayPal, which I do. I had my account hacked once, but they spotted it and sorted it all out before I had even noticed!

I think it has become very fashionable to knock eBay recently, but I think it is just because it has become so successful. Personally, I wouldn't be without it.

(Just my opinion, for what it's worth )
                  All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                  Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by BarleySugar View Post
                    Playing devil's advocate here, and I can see why people would exclude buyers with less feedback, but surely it's a bit like getting a job. You need the job to get experience, but you need experience to get the job. If everyone excluded buyers who've purchased less than 10 times, they won't get the chance to prove themselves.
                    Doesn't feedback go both ways? You could rack up the positive feedback by selling stuff first.

I've not had much trouble with ebay, thankfully (bought some excellent little plug plants last summer, very reasonably priced too), but you have my sympathy, Amanda. Considering the huge number of transactions on ebay, it would be surprising if a few didn't go wobbly now and then!

Comment

I thought you'd have more problems selling without having any feedback to your name than buying. After all, if you buy and don't pay, the seller doesn't send. It's a hassle, time is lost etc, but the seller still has the goods. If you sell, then person has to pay up front, so you could then not send, the buyer loses out, and has to go through the hassle of reporting etc and is out of pocket.
                      I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
                      Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

I don't sell much on eBay, but when I do I always have 'PayPal Account Required' and if it's something high value of needing a fast turnaround (like gig tickets) then I do 'Immediate Payment Required'. I've never (touch wood) had a non-paying bidder. As a buyer, I nearly always #Buy It Now and pay immediately. I very rarely bid on auctions anymore, got totally fed up of having to watch the last 30 seconds so I didn't lose out for the sake of about 53p

Comment

i buy and sell on ebay and so far touch wood i have had no problems apart from once i bought some books and it took weeks for them to arrive i sent nice mail after nice mail asking for goods and got no repy in the end my patience ran out and i sent quite a nasty message
                          and hey presto got a reply
                          it went like this
                          sorry for the delay in sending your books i have just managed to access my sons ebay account and want to let every one know that i will be sending all goods out today myself as my son has been in hospital for three weeks after a motorbike accident on his way to post office to send some books to a customer again i appologise for delay
                          WHOOPS ithought so now i just wait for goods to arrive with more patience
                          as for the selling side i have had no probs so far but have just sold my scooter and waiting for guy to pick up on sunday but sometimes no matter how many times you put you are bidding to buy not to look they can still turn up and change mind so not banking on it till he has been and gone and money is in my hand
                          i dont think ebay should have got rid of negative feed back section coz some people do take advantage of the fact sometimes
                          but there are mostley genuine people on ebay
                          dont take for granted that you hold dear
                          for once its gone you will miss it
                          and thats to late

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X