No announcement yet.

How did your OH propose?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On Valentine's Day 2007 I was thoroughly spoilt with red roses, chocolates, champagne and a gorgeous sapphire heart shaped necklace - all for breakfast! He took me out for dinner that night, and was fidgety and distracted all evening. He proposed when we got home, with the ring, and we got married that November on HMS Warrior in Portsmouth. He was worried I'd say no, it took him 12 years to pluck up the courage to ask!

Comment

Originally posted by yoanbob View Post
      first time was in a text message when I worked away at sea and he was about to leave for oz for a year, we wernt even properly together because I kept telling myself it wouldnt work, well it did and we bought a house when he came home, it took him another 12 months to get the courage to ask my dad, then I came home from work one day to find a little card on the front door with a poem inside that was the first part of a treasure hunt, I had to go upstairs put on waterproofs, go to the bathroom found two champange flutes floating in the bath, go to the garden, to find the champange, go to the allotment to find bob, he didnt get down on one knee it was really muddy, then he made me a lovley dinner.
      I'm not a romantic person, but wow! that is such a lovely story. I feel very emotional. Look where it all lead! Cant wait to hear your news about sprout!
      Love Bernie
      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

I proposed to my wife on Christmas day and the ring was wrapped up as one of a few presents ! I obviously engineered the opening sequence !
        http://norburger.blogspot.com/
        http://www.justgiving.com/jasonnorledge

Comment

I proposed to Liz - I drove to her house in London with a HUGE wrapped up box on the passenger seat. When I arrived I gave her the box and watched her open it...inside the big box was another smaller box and inside that another smaller box! Each box had a Robert Burns poem on it....at the end of it all I had placed her ring in a little hand painted butterfly jewellery box.

Of course...she said yes...
          I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
            I'm not a romantic person, but wow! that is such a lovely story. I feel very emotional. Look where it all lead! Cant wait to hear your news about sprout!
            Love Bernie
            I know, we arnt romantic either, it must have taken him ages to think up, I still have the little cards.
            11 days till sprouts due date.
            Yo an' Bob
            Walk lightly on the earth
            take only what you need
            give all you can
            and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

With a shotgun!
              The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
              Brian Clough

Comment

Trust you BW!
                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                  Trust you BW!
                  But it was Madderbat that had the gun.
                  The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                  Brian Clough

Comment

having met my OH on a blind date i informed her that i hoped she was aware that we would marry,all this on the next evening on hammersmith bridge in the freezing cold,we got engaged and married two years later,love her now as i did that first day ,that first day was44 years ago,when we were both children, but i wouldnt change a thing.

Comment

ahhhh bless
                      Yo an' Bob
                      Walk lightly on the earth
                      take only what you need
                      give all you can
                      and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

My OH and i have been together for ever (since school) and he maintains that he's asked me, but still no ring...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X