Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people want to boost their post count?

Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HotStuff View Post
    I mean, if I really just cared about boosting my post count I'd post inane comments on every thread, oh wait ...
    If people DO want to boost their post count, blame it on the 'classifications' as defined by post count, but on the whole, folk just want a bit of a giggle.....
    Last edited by Hilary B; 01-03-2009, 09:51 PM.
    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

And whats wrong with a bit of a laught, a giggle,, a bit of fun,,,, oops forgot

Comment

i just thought they were something to do while we're waiting for the weather and ground to get warmer so we can plant stuff ..and get out in the garden and get a life and stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
          If people DO want to boost their post count, blame it on the 'classifications' as defined by post count, but on the whole, folk just want a bit of a giggle.....
          Yeah, but why would anyone want to? If one's self esteem is so low that your "rank" on a gardening forum is important to you then I would suggest that you need professional help.

Me thinks the Troll is sleeping.
          Last edited by HotStuff; 01-03-2009, 10:14 PM.
          There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

No no no no no no lynda,, I want a high number next to my name,, thats what life is all about you know,, big numbers etc.............

Comment

It seems to me that some people here are determined to get to 1000 / 2000/5000/ 10000 posts quicker than everybody else . If thats what you want to do fine - it dosen't bother me - I don't know what my post count is and frankly I don't care.If you realy want a line below your name that says early/mature fruiter instead of whatever it is before that go ahead don't let me spoil your fun .
              Why do we even have post counts anyway - I'm sure it could be turned off . Then only those to which it means something would object. If you don't want to look at those "post boosting threads" don't.
              There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

It don't bother me, it is all part of keeping the whole thing lighthearted, which is what is wrong with complaining about 'daft but harmless' threads. I've seen what happens on a forum where people take it too seriously, and I am VERY glad it happens so rarely here!

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
                  It don't bother me, it is all part of keeping the whole thing lighthearted, which is what is wrong with complaining about 'daft but harmless' threads. I've seen what happens on a forum where people take it too seriously, and I am VERY glad it happens so rarely here!

Hay Hilary, thats another number on your posts LOL

Comment

Erm, sorry, I'm missing the point probably, but what troll? I really like the count to a million thread in particular, it's good for dipping in and out, having a random conversation, keeping me sane at work, helping me chill when I get home.

Just like the rest of the Vine, really

Poll boosting hadn't occurred to me, why would the number of posts anyone has matter?
                    http://www.justgiving.com/Vicky-Berr...-Marathon-2010

Comment

*threadjack*

Evening Chillimad, had another birth in the Peter Pepper pot

*unthreadjack*
                      http://www.justgiving.com/Vicky-Berr...-Marathon-2010

Comment

Yeah right! - oops sorry ... 562
                        Last edited by digthatchick; 01-03-2009, 10:15 PM.
                        http://www.robingardens.com

Seek not to know all the answers, just to understand the questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Hashette View Post
                          Erm, sorry, I'm missing the point probably, but what troll? I really like the count to a million thread in particular, it's good for dipping in and out, having a random conversation, keeping me sane at work, helping me chill when I get home.

Poll boosting hadn't occurred to me, why would the number of posts anyone has matter?
                          The count doesn't matter! Some threads are about information, and that is good, friendship is good too, and lots of it here, but anyone for whom ANYTHING else matters has slightly missed the point. Sure it is amusing to have different names for people according to how many posts, but it doesn't MATTER!

Comment

New thread,, just for tonight,,, I feel wicked lol

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...unt_28620.html

Comment

erm.....is there a prize for the higher count?
                              (apol for the extra point gained on this message)

Comment

Originally posted by Hashette View Post

Hashette, sorry for using a confusing term, in some circles "Troll" is a term used for someone on a forum who is deliberately contentious or provokes arguments.
                                There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X