No announcement yet.

Cloud of smoke over lotties tomorrow!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloud of smoke over lotties tomorrow!!!

1st October tomorrow!!! Grand allotment burning day! If you want directions to our allotments, just follow the cloud of smoke.
    Can't burn rubbish from end of May till end of Sept! All the pyres are ready, everybodies talking about it, waiting in anticipation!
    Who'll be first? I bet on the stroke of midnight someone lights up. I like a long lie in on Sunday, by the time I get there it will be like an Indian reservation with fellow allotmenteers conversing by smoke signals!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Not me Snadger...

Although I can burn any time of year, I can't when the site flag is flapping towards nearby houses, which it seems to always do towards my hearest houses. And as I'm only 25-30 yards away froma block of flats, I think my chances, ever, are going to be pretty slim
    Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Wish we could have bonfires. Our council has just barred them due to complaints form the local old biddies. Now faced with endless trips to the local tip; luckily its not far away.
      Live each day as if it was your last because one day it will be

Comment

Originally posted by Shortie View Post
        Not me Snadger...

Although I can burn any time of year, I can't when the site flag is flapping towards nearby houses, which it seems to always do towards my hearest houses. And as I'm only 25-30 yards away froma block of flats, I think my chances, ever, are going to be pretty slim
        Are you sure someone from the council hasn't been down and wired the flag.....like they did on the moon landing!!!! Lol
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I piled all the cuttings from 4 damson, 2 plum, a pear an apple, two rows of blighed toms, some pallets, all the other junk collected over the summer and a shed.

Burned lovely the neighbouring plots had rain pouring on them it just everaporated over mine.....we had to get the sun cream out.

I love the smell of Napalm in the morning.
          My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
            Are you sure someone from the council hasn't been down and wired the flag.....like they did on the moon landing!!!! Lol
            Ooohh... I remember reading about that! And the fact that there were shadows on the photo's etc... there were loads of mistakes made on them apparently!
            Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Ahh, Conspiracy theories God Bless em.
              ntg
              Never be afraid to try something new.
              Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
              A large group of professionals built the Titanic
              ==================================================

Comment

It stange that some people still beleive the actually went there.
                My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

1st of Oct is our first day we're allowed to have bonfires too, can't wait to pop down on Friday with a flask of mulled cider and set fire to all my perennial weeds...
                  Shameless plug for my blog

Comment

Hi Mildew, welcome to the vine. two flasks of mulled cider & you won't care about the weeds
                    ntg
                    Never be afraid to try something new.
                    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                    ==================================================

Comment

Welcome Mildew... my neck of the woods eh, north London, maybe we went to school together...?

No burping near the fire with alcohol on your breath... could be a bit disasterous!
                      Shortie

Comment

Hi Mildew and welcome to the vine! Sounds like a great way to while away the hours drinking mulled cider as the weeds burn!! We diodnt think of that, but went on digging through all the plumes of smoke! lol!
                        Blessings
                        Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                        Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                        Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                        On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X