Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A plantpot?

Comment

Well the poor little Sweetie is torturing herself as we speak...sitting in the back garden watching her friends playing Tag Rugby on the playing field!
      Sorry I suddenly disappeared last night,she woke up in need of Calpol & Mummy cuddles!!!Didn't mean to keep you all in suspenders for so long...not really that exciting!She fell off a football???Despite having a trampoline in the garden,she thought it would be fun to try bouncing on a football instead!
      The wait at hospital was nothing like as bad as last time & we were in & out in about an hour & she's now the very proud owner of a purple cast...got to go get some silver & gold gel pens for her friends to write on it.
      Is she being spoilt...of course!Might even take her to the cafe before school this arvo!
      the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Bless... I definitely think a bit of spoiling is in order Hope she's feeling better today, I found it takes 2 or 3 days for the worst of the aching to settle down.
        I've got a purple cast on my foot, proper funky! I might go for a green one next week when I get me stitches out, or maybe red to match my coat?

Comment

Well,the little trooper is back to school...her choice not mine,we went in yesterday arvo for a "time to share" thing with parents,with the intention of her coming home at 2:00 with me,but she cried at the thought of not staying!Other than night times,when the pain gets to her,it was the first time she'd stopped giggling!!!So,we let her stay!
          Last night she said to me..."Life can be tough can't it?"...& then proceeded to giggle some more!...A broken arm ain't gonna break her spirits!(she's only 6!...I'm such a proud mummy!)

Comment

Sigh - Theres a knack to balancing on a football you know. She'll do better next time!

My 55 year old dad broke his foot by standing on a bottle cap! THATS even worse! LOL.
            Serene she stand amid the flowers,
            And only count lifes sunny hours,
            For her dull days do not exist,
            Evermore the optimist

Comment

Glad to hear she not lost her sense of humour, being at school is probably helping distract her from the pain and she'll have fun showing off her cast!!

Comment

.....and so ...did she choose a pink plaster????? ( I'd go for blue if I had a choice!!!....I don't think that soil coloured is an option is it?????)
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I had a friend who broke her hand falling off a foot-stool (the padded 'Pouffe' sort). She was standing on it to change a light-bulb. She told everyone who asked that she fell of a Poof!
                  All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                  Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Hope she has one of the casts that can be easily written on, then you can write on it that she fell off a football! lol Or draw a cartoon of it to make her laugh.
                    And of course hope she heals well and soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                      .....and so ...did she choose a pink plaster????? ( I'd go for blue if I had a choice!!!....I don't think that soil coloured is an option is it?????)
                      Pink wasn't an option!...they've recently changed the material they use...it's now fibre glass & not plaster,anyway they are yet to find a dye pigment that doesn't have a negative effect on the cast.SO!She's got purple again!
                      Although soil coloured isn't an option to start with...I have a rather sneaky suspiscion that the purple may only stay purple for a while!
                      She's doing O.K.The novelty has worn off a bit though & she's getting a little fed up about what she can't do.(Last time it happened she was still quite shy & saw it as a perfect way to not join in with playtimes.)
                      But the good news is that the pain has definately eased off....just that mad itching getting to her now!!>..everytime it itches she hops on one foot til the itch has gone & amazingly it seems to work!

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
                        Pink wasn't an option!.

everytime it itches she hops on one foot til the itch has gone & amazingly it seems to work!
                        If I was on the other PC... later on I'll fish out the pic of the lovely, and surprisingly huge, pink cast I had when they mended my finger It stood out like a belisha beacon!!

I'll have to try that to make my itching go away, just gotta remember to do it on the right foot....

Glad to hear she's doing ok Di

Comment

Aaawww, bless. Mine tripped over a friend's foot in the playground in year 4 - broken arm - I just felt sick it was awful. I hope Daisy is feeling better soon, there'll be all sorts of pictures on the plaster in days, even if it means stickers
                          Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X