No announcement yet.

Jade Goody

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was quite saddened to hear it on the radio yesterday morning. I think it's always a little harder when somebody dies on a special day. My friend lost her mother two weeks ago and the pain yesterday was still very raw, I think. RIP Jade. xx

Comment

I have never watched Big Bother, nor followed the escapades of any of the contestants so I don't know what she did in the program that was so offensive, I don't read the papers either so I have not been following the saga of her life and death, as it was of no interest to me.
      However if as other grapes say she has helped with Cervical Cancer awareness then some good has come from her sickness.

My mum died three years ago after a long fight with cancer, so I know how distressing it can be, but for anyone to die so young, and leave two children is a tragedy and my sympathies go out to Jade's family.

Gardening should always be a pleasure and never a chore,only someone forgot to tell the weeds

"If you don't have a plan, a goal for yourself, then you are almost certainly a part of someone else's"

"The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dream is you"

Comment

I'm neither a fan nor a detractor of Jade - just think it's very sad that she was so young, with two lovely children.

It has been a strange thing, that we all watched and waited for this young woman to die so publicly, which was her wish. She raised the issue of earlier testing, which is a very good thing. Can only wish her family well.
        I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Not being a fan of BB or the tabloids I was only vaguely aware of Jade and her escapades, but it is so sad to lose someone at such a young age. My heart goes out to her family.
          Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Having spent time on a young persons cancer unit last year with my son its amazing to see how brave most of them are and what they go through.I just couldn't face watching the reports of Jade,but thought how brave she was to put up with all the publicity and everything else to make sure her boys had a good future hopefully.My heart goes out to those two little boys .

Comment

Originally posted by Marthaclematis View Post
              You don't have to sleep around to get it; but it helps. Males are the carriers of this virus so Nuns and celibate women don't get cervical cancer (because they don't come into contact with the virus).
              Nuns and celibate women can get cervical cancer not all cervical cancer is caused by the HPV virus

About 95% (is estimated) or there about is caused by HPV so 5% is caused by something else

So that still means hundreds of women every year get cervical cancer and HPV has nothing to do with it

Comment

Originally posted by LizyDrippin View Post
                So that still means hundreds of women every year get cervical cancer
                It's about 2,800 UK women every year ... or 54 every week.
                Cervical cancer section overview: Cancer Research UK: CancerHelp UK
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X