How do you make yours?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post

If I'm in real need, there's 3 pubs between home and lottie, we sometimes have to stop off on the way back, esp in the summer as the light is fading, for a cheeky shandy.
    Oooh yer Lucky thing!!!
    We have got a little stove,but it needs a new gas canister,so at present we take up a flask.
    Come the Summer,nothing beats a nice cold beer on the plot.(after the essential work is done of course!)
    the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

i use the kettle in the kitchen, as not as fortunate to have a lottie ! but at least i am on site a lot lol!

Comment

My stove is a one ring camping gaz that holds a small gaz cannister about the size of a hairspray tin, I buy a pack of four for less than a fiver at Trago Mills, other places sell them at about £3 - £5 each. They also sell the packs at Asda. In my box I have extra mugs for visitors ( other plot holders ) the box is just a storage box that you can buy anywhere. I take water but how long will the water be ok for I usually use the any thats left for washing up my mugs, I keep a small washing up bowl and liquid so I can wash them properly. I put hot water in the bowl for washing my hands it cools down but at least if I need to I can rinse my hands off.
        Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
        and ends with backache

Comment

Well, I garden at home, so pop indoors for a cuppa, but up at Pony Land, I do have a two ringed stove during the winter months, although I didn't use it this winter. When it IS in action, it's to make all sorts of things, including the odd emergency soup or rice pudding if I'm starving after work!

Comment

well seen as we dont have a lottie (our humble back garden ) ) we make them in the kitchen
            Stacey x ♫

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
              Cup of tea or coffee that is.................
              I've always made up a flask of coffee and took it to my lottie - until today!
              The other day I visited Allotment Lady and she made me a cup of tea using her little stove and kettle - I was most impressed.
              I went and got myself a little stove and whistling kettle today - so I'm all set now to make my own fresh brews in my little shed - I'm SO excited!
              How do you make yours? Any tips on using a stove and kettle?
              LOL, oh i am so chuffed for ya hunny xxx
              Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Originally posted by jackie j View Post
                I keep a small washing up bowl and liquid so I can wash them properly. I put hot water in the bowl for washing my hands it cools down but at least if I need to I can rinse my hands off.
                What good ideas - I never thought of that! Adds small bowl, washing up liquid, and towels to shopping list................
                Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Make sure you add biccies too, nothing like a good dunk! and spare spoons lol

Comment

Originally posted by allotmentlady View Post
                    Make sure you add biccies too, nothing like a good dunk! and spare spoons lol
                    Another excellent idea! adds chocci biccies and spoons to shopping list...................
                    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Ello all. We also have a gas ring in our shed at the allotment. We couldn't exist without a brew or two. However, we use instant tea rather than teabags and fresh milk....I kept forgetting to take the milk . We find the instant stuff far more convenient and very refreshing too. I have washing up liquid, bowl and those cheap disposable J cloth thingies,( instead of tea towels ) for washing up. I keep a tub of cheap baby wipes as well, for hand cleaning. We have fresh water on site but I take it from home in those five litre bottles which spring water comes in.
                      A few fellow plot holders practically cook Sunday lunch in their sheds, but we just take a pack up! There is far too much to do on the plot when you work full time, to waste time cooking!! Cheers, Spiderling.
                      I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Comment

Ps. you have to remember with instant tea that it isn't cooled down by adding milk though, or you end up burning your mouth!!!!!!
                        I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Comment

Originally posted by Spiderling
                          Ello! We have a gas ring in our shed too. My husband couldn't exist without his brew! However we use the instant tea rather than taking tea bags and milk , it's much more convenient. Besides, I forgot to take the milk once.... .
                          I couldn't bear instant tea... I just keep a jam jar filled with Marvel, and make it up with cold water in a spare cup.

I have a washing up bowl too (actually it's a spare mixing bowl so it doesn't take up too much room ), a dishcloth and a little bottle of ecover washing up liquid. Plus a packet of antibacterial wipes to give everything a wipedown now and again. I have 2 slightly tatty tea towels that I swap over every week or so for washing.
                          If I need to do loads of pot washing, or the greenhouse needs cleaning down, I take my big pan down and boil up rainwater to put in a bucket. Much nicer than washing down with cold water

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
                            My shed is only 6' and 4' but big enough for the essentials - tools, chair, and now my tea making facilities
                            that a palace

my wendy shed is litterally a small childs wooden play house, i cant even fit in it let alone stand up...
                            Linda xxx

Comment

What a fantastic idea. My coffee is always not quite hot in my flask whilst at the allotment. I have a camping stove and utensils so will be digging that out the attic and shall take my fold away table up there, ooh and a biscuit tin. Thanks for the idea - genius!

Comment

Originally posted by Elliesmummy View Post
                                that a palace

my wendy shed is litterally a small childs wooden play house, i cant even fit in it let alone stand up...
                                tis true she evens hides things in her car when peeps visit lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X