Clear All

Originally posted by allotmentlady View Post
    tis true she evens hides things in her car when peeps visit lol

Lol...........
    Linda xxx

Comment

Originally posted by allotmentlady View Post
      tis true she evens hides things in her car when peeps visit lol
      BIG belly laughs! and AL isn't lying either! It's all true! When AL came to visit my lottie the other week, I put all my rubbish in a couple of large black sacks, dumped them in my car, and left them at home.......I still haven't had chance to sort them out tho! Even I was impressed how tidy my shed was, and still is - give it a couple of weeks and it will be a mess again. That is, until AL comes to visit again when I'll have another quick tidy round. LOL!
      Last edited by dexterdoglancashire; 23-03-2009, 06:49 PM.
      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

My plot is about 30 mins walk away; I don't pop down for a short visit very often, it tends to be at least half a day or not at all. My shed is fitted out with

an old kitchen bench
        an old plastic patio chair
        camping stove, pan, mugs, spoons, matches, lighter
        teabags, coffee condensed and dried milk
        can opener, corkscrew, cans of soup, packets of biscuits
        a notepad and pens for making lists, plans, and daydreaming
        half a bottle of whisky( I've heard this described as a highly inconvenient measure, for it is too much for one, but not enough for two)
        old bucket, soap and towel for washing hands
        a pee bucket(different to the hand washing one!)

Keep all the food in plastic containers or jam jars; also keep matches in an old jam jar or they will absorb moisture from the air and get damp

Measure out the water for a brew with your mug, or you will just use up too much gas. And dump the old teabag in the compost bin, every little helps

For a cheap kettle, get a stainless steel teapot from a charity shop
        The camping stove is an old Camping Gaz Bleuet, you can pick them up very cheaply now
        Even the people who live nearby are glad to get a brew without going home

Is it any wonder my wife said do you really want an allotment, or is it just the shed you want?!

Comment

Unlike Geoff I have an emergency bottle of sloe gin instead of whisky in my shed.
          Wouldn't be without a saucepan to heat up soup for winter lunches though - and to cook new potatoes for those blissful summer meals when you just wander round the plot finding lots of things to eat that are not kale and cabbage - oh and to cook sweetcorn.

And you need a coolbag to keep things cold in the summer - gets very hot in the shed.

And something like a breadboard would be handy, then you've always got somewhere clean to cut up bread, cheese, veg etc.

I've got a Kelly kettle too but not very good at setting fires, takes forever unless I cheat with a twist of paper soaked in paraffin....
          Sue

Comment

Ah, thanks for the tip about the paraffin paper Sue, I might give that a try next time I try and light mine.

Comment

My hubbys in the army so we always have a "brew kit" in the boot of the car. This will be great when we get our wee shed on the lottie.

As for how do I make my tea/coffee? I dont.... OH does!
              Serene she stand amid the flowers,
              And only count lifes sunny hours,
              For her dull days do not exist,
              Evermore the optimist

Comment

I also keep a box of tissues and kitchen roll and most of what everyone else seems to keep in the shed, for plastic rubbish I hang a carrier bag on a screw and put rubbish in, anything else that can goes in the compost bin. I keep a towel for hand drying but the mugs I just upturn on a piece of kitchen paper to dry.
                Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                and ends with backache

Comment

What's cheating about paraffin & paper; it's just plain common sense!

And if you still can't manage a Kelly Kettle (aka Volcano Stove) get a Trangia stove; same sort of principle, just a bit more sophisticated

But of course if you have a shed you can use a cheap gas stove

If all else fails, there's a chip shop round the corner from my allotment

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X