grand National tips

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
    Not very polite to dismiss anothers opinion as nonsense, but hey ho I can see this is something you feel strongly about.

Agreed racing and jumping at professional levels does put a huge strain on limbs and tendons. Also very few racehorses, proprtionally, are well rehabilitated after their racing careers.

Umm Stubbs and his contemporarys got it wrong. All four legs dont leave the ground in extension at the gallop, but when they are "bunched up " underneath them.

Still maintain it was nigh on impossible to get my mare to do anything she didnt fancy, herd instinct or not

Correct...

It took a long time to work that one out..

Geo..

Comment

Eduard Muybridge - very interesting character who pioneered early movement photography. Apologies for the nonsense comment - me thinking and not filtering my thoughts. I have owned and bred several thoroughbreds and standardbreds and my attitude towards racing is passionate. (or anti)!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kernowyon View Post
        my tip is to not bet on the national, perpetuating a cruel sport which every year they try to cover up how many horses die in this meeting. if you want to throw money away - give it to a charity.
        Yeah, horses die racing (especially over the jumps) but how many would there be if racing was ended completely? What would happen to all the suddenly unwanted racehorses? I remember Beau Supreme, a top level showjumper, falling badly in the Wembley Arena (either the Roayl International or the Horse of the Year show) in the late 70s, and had to be put down in the arena. It is pretty rare in show jumping.

A different point, what proportion of jump-racers in training are killed each year? There are so MANY horses in this business than even a tiny percentage can sound like big numbers.
        Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by tootles View Post
          If I remember rightly from a project I did at Guides - horses keep two feet on the groung at a trot, one foot at a canter and all four leave the ground a a full gallop.

Anyone bet on the 100-1 shot that won???!!!
          Even trotting a horse has all 4 feet off the ground at once... briefly. He uses 'opposite corner' legs together, but the basic movement is very much like a human running. You have both feet of the ground when running don't you?
          Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
            Even trotting a horse has all 4 feet off the ground at once... briefly.
            so do we when running
            aka
            Suzie

Comment

I dont, I'm not built for running
              WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...