No announcement yet.

Horseshoe quandry

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horseshoes pointed into the wall make good tie up points for.. horses, among other animals. There's several dotted about our place that people have set into walls over the years. I wondered what to do with all our old horseshoes, I had the idea to weld them heel to heel at rightangles. They make great shelf brackets and pot hangers. If two horseshoes are put heel to heel, does that mean that the luck can never run out?
    I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

A shop here has fencing made of horseshoe's it looks really good been there for years. I think one row is points up, the next points down etc etc.
      Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
      and ends with backache

Comment

Originally posted by terrier View Post
        Horseshoes pointed into the wall make good tie up points for.. horses, among other animals. There's several dotted about our place that people have set into walls over the years. I wondered what to do with all our old horseshoes, I had the idea to weld them heel to heel at rightangles. They make great shelf brackets and pot hangers. If two horseshoes are put heel to heel, does that mean that the luck can never run out?
        The council have erected horse shoes welded together in the shape of flowers and then painted in gaudy colours in some of the flower beds locally...........innovative I suppose but I wonder how much grant someone got for the idea? (I think they look a bit naff!)
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

C'mon Snadger, artistic lisence (never could spell it). The best one I've seen is a welded horseshoe horse, very life like as well.
          I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

How about this for horse shoes?

Google Image Result for http://www.geograph.org.uk/photos/03/69/036969_3e251950.jpg
            The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
            Brian Clough

Comment

Great resonse guys!!

I liked Two Sheds comment, as the horseshoe was found, used, and can be touched, and is now adorning my plots gate with points down, and no horses attatched.

As for luck?....have decided with fingers this green.....who needs it baby!! lol

Comment

oooooh...nice pic Bubblewrap

Comment

I found one while digging the new bed the other week, was going to put it on my shed so thanks for confusing me as to which way up lol! Was convinced 'U' shaped was right now am not so sure.... Had never heard before of putting it the other way up, think will follow flum's suggestion.

Comment

Flums way or not at all...couldn't take a chance with any more BAAAAD luck!!
                    I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Comment

another folklore is When a horseshoe is nailed over one’s bed it repelled nightmares and demons. To be effective the horseshoe must never be remove once it is installed.
                      Blessed Be

Comment

Have you seen this???

Why is a horseshoe considered lucky? - Yahoo! Answers

and this...

http://www.indepthinfo.com/horseshoes/luck.htm
                        Last edited by Nicos; 14-04-2009, 07:45 PM.
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Horse shoe lucky?

Some people carry a rabbits foot for luck!

The rabbit had four of them & the rabbit got shot...............so much for luck!
                          The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                          Brian Clough

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X