No announcement yet.

Disappointed with the Easter weekend?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing about miserable, damp weather is that the weeds, love it - if you don't make time for a visit to the allotment soon, Wayne, the weeds will have all grown up....

No prevaricating, that man - get yer hoe out!

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
      I know I am - weather-wise that is.

I booked the Thursday off in the hope that there would be at least one day I could get to the allotment. Alas, withe a combination of visitors weather and other jobs to do, it was not to be.

Looks like I might get a couple of hours on Wednesday evening though...

On the upside, I spent loads of time with my family so it wasn't all bad.
      Funnily enough I was going to start a thread on how everybody's weekend went! Sorry for all those who couldn't quite do what was planned, but my whole weekend, from Thursday evening through to Sunday night was, in a word, perfect. Not bad weather, great allotment time. Fantastic time with my kids, all of whom have got really wonderful partners (no fruit loops!) and great time with my OH.

Comment

should have been in Ayrshire, Sun here Thursday a little overcast but warm was working.
        Friday was sunny worked in the garden in just a t shirt,
        Saturday went to a garden centre and met up with Frostyfreckle
        Sunday sunny and in the garden
        Monday same as SUnday
        Today up at six to drop mum at the train station she going to visit my sister and baby Corey, had stuff to do this am and raining now forecast is for sun wed thurs looks like i chose the right week to take holidays

Comment

Lovely and sunny throughout here so got loads done at both the plot and in the garden. Can't remember such a nice Easter in years, couldn't of wished for better.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

that was the view I had this afternoon - Glengesh Valley , County Donegal ,Southern Ireland .
            I can't complain
            There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

Beautiful weather over the holiday (well I was working until Sunday) Monday went to a giant flea market (over 1500 stalls!) bought some great vintage tools for very little money, Tuesday finishing a garden for a lovely client, weather like summer, but early hours now of Wednesday raining, nice though as I can think of nothing better than being with OH snoozing away to the sound of rain ... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
              http://www.robingardens.com

Seek not to know all the answers, just to understand the questions.

Comment

@ dandy Woo another sci fi nut :-)
                Last edited by craiglockley; 15-04-2009, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Hi Craig

Yep - both me and hubby were at the con over Easter - great panels including one on why the films get martial arts wrong on purpose, a live orchestra performance of music influenced by or used in science fiction and fantasy, and a brilliant talk on the urban legend of Spring Heeled jack (who I had never heard of but apparently haunted Sheffield at one point). Are you a con goer Craig?
                  Even aliens garden!

Comment

Originally posted by dandy View Post
                    Hi Craig

Yep - both me and hubby were at the con over Easter - great panels including one on why the films get martial arts wrong on purpose, a live orchestra performance of music influenced by or used in science fiction and fantasy, and a brilliant talk on the urban legend of Spring Heeled jack (who I had never heard of but apparently haunted Sheffield at one point). Are you a con goer Craig?
                    I'm a member of the BFS and edit the Indie Press Reviews for them and often go to the FantasyCon in September.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X