No announcement yet.

Vine Dogs

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woo Hoo!! By george I think I've got it.

Sorry got excited because I've worked out the attachment thing
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bex; 19-10-2006, 07:44 PM. Reason: Addition
    Bex

Comment

She's very cute Bex (is it a she?)

Nick - where did you get the lips from? Fantastic!
      ~
      Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
      ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

I was born with them JA . I think you meant Bibliobeck
        ntg
        Never be afraid to try something new.
        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
        ==================================================

Comment

No Jennie, a boy most of the time he's not white either as he rolls in all things unmentionable.
          Bex

Comment

Can't remember where the lips came from Jennie - they are fab though. I've added a pic of her Xmas box this year - a giant tongue. Sad I know, but it makes us laugh

Meg is gorgeous, I'd love another dog and quite fancy a cocker. You're right about the mad spaniel family, but maybe the owners are too a little eh MatadorNick?

The vine dogs are a handsome bunch indeed - the upside down sleeping position is very familiar in this house Jennie, and I don't just mean me & hubby after a hard day's dig

Glad you mastered the attachment Bex - he's gorgeous!
            Attached Files
            If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.
            Cicero

Comment

Our pooch(es)

You've possibly seen these piccies before, on another thread anout our pooch eating the mail, but I cant resist posting the piccies on here with all the other vine dogs!

Bella is our current furbaby, shes a great dane / alsatian crossbreed, rescued from Manchester Dogs Home, is only about 16 months old and still a pup (tho at 28" to her shoulder shes a rather large pup!) She has lots of Great Dane traits, including the droopy jowls, sitting her bum on the sofa with her front paws still on the floor and lying like a sphinx, very regal! Her alsatian side comes out in so much as she barks at anyone coming near the house, and meets other dogs with a waggy tail and her fur bristling until she gets to know them, she definitely likes to think shes the boss!

Willow was only with us for 4 weeks, but her gentleness, loving nature and sense of fun and playfulness touched us from the very first. She was a wonderful dog, and it broke our hearts to loose her so quickly after Lady. We brought her home and buried her in the back yard along with her favourite toy and blanket and some of her favourite treats, right next to Lady.

Lady was an alsatian cross breed that Lee rescued after her owners left her behind when they moved out. After the Police and RSPCA refused to do anything for another 48 hours Lee broke in and rescued her. She ate his sofa, a leather jacket and a pair of Dr Martens before she setteld, but the two of them were inseparable! The first night I spent with Lee she jumped onto the bed, got between us and wouldnt move all night, after that she accepted me and was a wonderul, intelligent and loving dog until she passed away in May this year. She is buried in the back yard with her favourite toy, blanket and some of her favourite treats.

Ok I know we are a little sentimental burying them in the back yard, but they were a part of our family and deserve nothing less in our opinions.
              Attached Files
              Blessings
              Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
              Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
              Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
              On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

We had a beagle and if his nose wasn't glued to the ground he was on his back snoring, with all four legs pointing skywards. Lovely breed of dog; definitely not the brightest of breeds, they make fish look clever, but great with kids.
                Live each day as if it was your last because one day it will be

Comment

I'm obviously having a bad night! Sorry Biblio! Sorry Bex!

Fantastic pictures - love the tongue! Aimee goes around my husband's workshop picking up large pieces of wood and walks around looking like Churchill with a large cigar! Glad others have dogs who sleep on their backs! We've never had a dog that did that before.
                  ~
                  Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                  ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Ive got a border collie thats 11 then 3 jack russels mintie whoes 7 and daisy and sally her pups that are 3 trying to find photo had a really good one but you can never find it when you want it

Comment

They are all beautiful. We don't have a dog nor do we have a lifestyle that could accomodate one at the moment. Our cat used to enjoy sleeping in the bucket on top of the weeds but she has gone to kitty playground and you all know about the rabbit!

I daren't show the photos to Miss E in case she decides we need a dog cos I'm sure she'd fall in love with all of them and then where would we be.

Thanks for sharing such lovely photos and stories about your companions.
                      Bright Blessings
                      Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

I've had such a wonderful time reading about everyone else's poochies! Thanks Nick for the info re: attaching photos - not had chance yet, but going to tie my OH down to PC tomorrow to show me what to do! I'd love to be able to show you all Dexter the dog! LOL DDL
                        Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
                          ...............but going to tie my OH down to PC tomorrow to show me what to do! ......

Oooo Eeeerrr I didn't know you were into Bondage
                          Last edited by nick the grief; 21-10-2006, 05:00 PM.
                          ntg
                          Never be afraid to try something new.
                          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                          ==================================================

Comment

I came across this photo by chance today of our old dog Sophie, who we lost last Christmas, aged 15. She was a bearded collie and just loved doing everything we did. She was quite happy wearing ear defenders and goggles in the workshop! Here she is sporting ear defenders.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2003_02262005aimee0004.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	2318087
                            ~
                            ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Aw shes soo cute! Sorry to hear you lost her Jennie!
                              Blessings
                              Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                              Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                              Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                              On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Nicholas! actually have been so busy over the weekend not had chance to go on the PC - hopefully will get the chance over the next couple of days. Thanks for the info Nick - you are a gentleman and a scholar (even if you have the same warped mind as me!) LOL DDL
                                Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X