Wished I'd ....because...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wished I'd ....because...

Thought it would be interesting to see what people wished they'd done differently this past year and why, so we can all learn from other people's experiences....
    Here's a starter....

wished I had a passata maker...would have made preserving all those yummy tomatoes easier

wished I'd covered the cherry tree better with netting as the jays climbed up the trunk and ate all 20 cherries (yes...I'd even counted them in anticipation!)

wished I'd built raised beds earlier.....much easier to weed and handle

wished I'd discouraged that mole before it had babies....they had tunnelled under the plum tree and killed it off

wished I'd found out what killed off my raspberries

wished I'd labelled the red/white/ and blackcurrents ....so I'd know which ones to prune differently

I'm sure there are plenty more - but thats for starters!!
    Last edited by Nicos; 22-10-2006, 02:32 PM.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

I wish I'd got my allotment alot sooner.
    Bex

Comment

wished I'd not...because...

Here's another one for what not to do in future!!

wished I'd not planted so many white onions....they have not stored well at all

wished I'd not planted so many courgettes....enough is really enough (even for friends /family and neighbours!!)
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Bex, you beat me to it! My thoughts exactly
        http://inelegantgardener.blogspot.com

Comment

wish I'd covered my brocolli 'cos I ended up with lace curtains instead by the time the caterpillars had got to them!
          smiling is infectious....

http://www.thehudsonallotment.blogspot.com/ updated 28th May 2008

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
            wished I'd not planted so many white onions....they have not stored well at all
            Nicos, you know you can freeze onion if you chop it don't you?

Wish I'd found my lottie site sooner, and maybe gone for my 'gut feeling' choice of plot rather than my couch grass heaven...
            Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

I wish I'd won the lottery last week I could have retred then & have a tidy plot
              ntg
              Never be afraid to try something new.
              Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
              A large group of professionals built the Titanic
              ==================================================

Comment

Yes NTG I agree with that one. Would love to spend more time on the allotment and be able to stick 2 fingers up at work.......
                Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful..William Morris

Comment

Originally posted by shirley View Post
                  ...... and be able to stick 2 fingers up at work.......
                  I do that all the time......... luckily no ones seen me yet
                  ntg
                  Never be afraid to try something new.
                  Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                  A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                  ==================================================

Comment

Originally posted by vicki View Post
                    wish I'd covered my brocolli 'cos I ended up with lace curtains instead by the time the caterpillars had got to them!
                    Ditto Vicki!! and my first lot of spring cabbage!! Have learned my lesson and everything is nicely covered now!
                    How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being.”

Comment

I wish I hadn't shredded my lottery ticket before I checked it. I could be a Millionare and not know it.
                      My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Originally posted by Bex View Post
                        I wish I'd got my allotment alot sooner.
                        Originally posted by HappyMouffe View Post
                        Bex, you beat me to it! My thoughts exactly
                        Me three!

Originally posted by nick the grief View Post
                        I wish I'd won the lottery last week I could have retred then & have a tidy plot
                        Originally posted by shirley View Post
                        Yes NTG I agree with that one. Would love to spend more time on the allotment and be able to stick 2 fingers up at work.......
                        Ditto! I do it online, which is great when you win as they email you, but not good when you open the email and it says only £10!

ASh well, maybe next week!
                        Blessings
                        Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                        Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                        Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                        On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

I wish I'd known you can get such a thing as a passata machine. Must have a look on line for that. Some things which were so successful, I just wish I had grown more - potatoes in buckets. I'm having some raised beds made to make a "proper " kitchen garden. Wish I had had it long ago, but in reality was too busy with work and other things to look after it properly. I'm hoping to have the beds all up and running for next spring. Will post some pics.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Wished I had not gone on holiday to Spain in September (my idea not OH's) and lost the harvesting season for the (very) late tomatos, french and runner beans.
                            ~
                            Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                            ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Wish I'd marked my toms better then I'd know which ones I could have saved seed from and not had to buy more for next year.
                              Bright Blessings
                              Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X