No announcement yet.

Wished I'd ....because...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wished I'd made the decision earlier to get a lottie! Got a reply from the chap in Bamber Bridge - 22 people on the waiting list, 6 people max get a lottie each year! Aw well, there are a couple of other places I'm going to try! DDL
    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Originally posted by Earthbabe View Post
      Wish I'd marked my toms better then I'd know which ones I could have saved seed from and not had to buy more for next year.
      Errrmmmm.... ditto. I had some lovely heritage [sp] toms this year but not all grew etc, etc and I got them muddled so have no idea which I actually ate!
      Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
        Wished I'd made the decision earlier to get a lottie! Got a reply from the chap in Bamber Bridge - 22 people on the waiting list, 6 people max get a lottie each year! Aw well, there are a couple of other places I'm going to try! DDL
        Sorry to hear of the waiting list DDL! Hope you manage to get something sorted on one of the other places!
        Last edited by Mrs Dobby; 23-10-2006, 06:47 PM.
        Blessings
        Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
        Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
        Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
        On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
          Have you got a list of the local sites(with telephone contacts) off the council DDL? Surely there must be quite a few sites in your area?

I put my name down on about 20 sites within a 10 mile radius of where I live!

Shortly after I got my present plot(1st one I was offered!) I got a phone call from another secretary on another site offering me a plot! I said "Thanks but I already have one now" I wish I'd took him up on the offer now, as I would love one for growing soft fruit and possibly keeping a few hens!

Never mind I've still got my name on eighteen waiting lists! LOL
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Wish i could go back and start all over again and i would plan the whole garden differently.
            Wish i knew as much then as i do now.
            Wish i could have had the garden when i was younger and better able to manage it.
            Wish i was younger.
            Wish i had more time.
            Wish i did,nt feel myself getting depressed when i read this over.
            Oh well....

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alice View Post
              I wish I'd known you can get such a thing as a passata machine. Must have a look on line for that. Some things which were so successful, I just wish I had grown more - potatoes in buckets. I'm having some raised beds made to make a "proper " kitchen garden. Wish I had had it long ago, but in reality was too busy with work and other things to look after it properly. I'm hoping to have the beds all up and running for next spring. Will post some pics.
              Alice, I understand that Seeds of Italy (seedsofitaly.co.uk) do passata machines. I got mine from Lakeland, but they have since been discontinued. They are wonderful machines, insofaras you put the tomatoes in the top of a mincer-like machine, tomato juice and pulp come out of one section, skin and pips come out of the other. A wonderful way of using up mis-shapes, partially eaten, and any other less than perfect toms!

Comment

You don't actually need a machine, I made lovely pasta sauce by roasting tomatoes, onions and chillies in an oven tray, leaving to cool, and then liquidising. This can then be frozen in individual portions in plastic pots.

Can be adjusted to your own preference by omitting/increasing chillies, onions etc, adding garlic or herbs

Comment

Originally posted by Bex View Post
                  I wish I'd got my allotment alot sooner.
                  ditto on that one
                  PRESTON NORTH END
                  xbox gamertag billybobs
                  add me to your friends list if you got what it takes

Comment

wish i had more time, wish i had more time, wish i had more time.
                    must go get some work done.
                    Yo an' Bob
                    Walk lightly on the earth
                    take only what you need
                    give all you can
                    and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Thanks Snadger - have contacted the area I wanted first and is also the closest to home.
                      My father in law has given me the number of where he used to have one - put it in that special "safe" place.....if I ever find it, the "safe" place its going to be that BIG because it will have all the stuff I've ever lost in it over the years!
                      Then there are a couple more in Penwortham where I have the number for (not as convenient) but am going to give them a try.
                      Thanks for your advice! Appreciated! DDL
                      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

On the i wish topic...

I wish i had covered my cabbages etc,just thought those white butterflies wouldn't bother me, right..

Labeled all seeds when sowed,I have lettuces planted a swede spacing..

Got the poly tunnel i want for xmas NOW.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X