No announcement yet.

Waiting for Rain

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even from a 5' long secton you'll get a fair bit, the shed on the plot is 8' long and we filled an IBC and two normal sized butts off it over the winter. You'd be surprised.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Alison is absolutely right. While I wait for new guttering and pipes to be fitted to the shed, (hopefully tomorrow) I am dependant on one butt only (actually that's all I've ever had!). My sole supply for that butt comes from half an 8x6 greenhouse roof, and you'd be amazed at how much I collect. You should get loads.
      A good beginning is half the work.
      Praise the young and they will make progress.

Comment

It hasn't rained here (apart from a pathetic bit of drizzle) for over 3 weeks. House butts and lotty butts are down to the last 6"

(I've been planting a lot of seedlings, so using a lot).
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Its been pouring here on and off for a couple of weeks, Monday was awful, it filled my wheel barrow at least a third of the way up!
          As i type it is raining again!!
          When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Mine been empty for about a fortnight, but I have saved water in 2 litres bottles since xmas so using that up now.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetiepea View Post
              Alison is absolutely right. While I wait for new guttering and pipes to be fitted to the shed, (hopefully tomorrow) I am dependant on one butt only (actually that's all I've ever had!). My sole supply for that butt comes from half an 8x6 greenhouse roof, and you'd be amazed at how much I collect. You should get loads.
              Originally posted by Alison View Post
              Even from a 5' long secton you'll get a fair bit, the shed on the plot is 8' long and we filled an IBC and two normal sized butts off it over the winter. You'd be surprised.
              That does it! I'm convinced! I'll put in a request on freecycle just in case and get scouting the gold old 'tinternet for the best price in the meantime!

It really doesn't take much to convince me to 'improve' the garden!

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
              Talk to your neighbours - do they use/need all the water, or does it all go down the drain? One of them may let you put a feeder pipe from their downpipe to your water butt, if you ask them! Good luck!
              Neither of my neighbours have a water butt.

I will definitely have a chat with them. One in particular is lovely and may well be up for the feeder pipe idea!

Thanks all!
              http://vegblogs.co.uk/overthyme/

Comment

Just make sure that any overflow either goes back into the gutter-system, or at the least is well away from any building (house in particular).
                Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by allotmentlady View Post
                  Awwww sorry to hear that, sick of it blooming raining, all my butts are full again, weeds rapidly coming again, do you know I was only 9 miles away today, raining at my house but not DDL's!
                  It's never stopped raining since early yesterday (Monday) my water container is more than full, in fact, everythings full......................NOG get yersen up here chuck and come and help yourself. Bernie
                  Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

still bloomin raining ere and cold 2.......
                    Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Sorry if you are soggy....but my barrel is still dry.

I have even purchased a braometer to see if there is any rain coming and its still showing Fair.
                      My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Originally posted by NOG View Post
                        Sorry if you are soggy....but my barrel is still dry.

I have even purchased a braometer to see if there is any rain coming and its still showing Fair.
                        If I didn't love Lancashire so much, I'd move down to you.
                        Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Warm and sunny here again, so getting lots done. But no rain for 3 weeks and water but is empty. It would be great if we had lots of rain overnight but I suppose we cannot order the weather we want!
                          BumbleB

I have raked the soil and planted the seeds
                          Now I've joined the army that fights the weeds.

Comment

NOG....I BLAME YOU!!!! It has been raining here (Fife, Scotland) for the last 48 hours, pretty much non-stop! You want water for your butt????? Pop in and I'll give you plenty!!!

Comment

Can I send you a SAB (Stamped Addressed Bucket)
                              My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

u still no rain NOG????? Stopped ere a few hours ago
                                Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X