No announcement yet.

Loss of gardening friend

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that's a lovely idea Alice and indeed every one who remembers loved ones with flowers. It doesn't seem an odd idea now but when my paternal grandparents died their ashes were planted beneath roses in the crematorium's garden of remembrance. At twelve that seemed odd but then a lot of things that adults do seem odd at 12.
    Bright Blessings
    Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Haven't really got any plants from friends and family but have some of my grandad's old tools and ofter remember stuff he told me when he looked after me as a kid up his lottie. Wasn't that interested at the time but some of it must of sunk in. Quite a nice reminder of my roots I suppose.

On a different note, if you can find the name of that company DDL I'd much appreciate it - have bought plants with apt names in the past but didn't know you could have them named.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Alison, not sure if it's the same company as DDL means but you can get roses named for someone from a company called Amore Rose Registry. I don't think you deal with them directly but I have seen them in the WH Smith christmas catalogue where you get a presentation box,some seeds & a database number for your rose for £19.99 & lastminute.com have an offer on this with 25% off - £15 at the moment for a limited time.
        You can also dedicate a tree to someone through the Woodland Trust on their website (see below)
        www.woodland-trust.org.uk/plantatree/index.htm
        Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Sorry Alison, I can't find it anywhere (it was on a small scrap of paper!) but the one from WHSmith looks good and I think its half the price of the one I got for my in laws. DDL
          Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Thanks Sue and DDL, will have a look and maybe go for it - always have problems with present ideas for some of my family.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

If your friend was interested in a particular flower if you ask the RHS they can put you in touch with the national society & I'm sure they will be all to willing to get a new variety named in honour of our friend for a doantion. I know the National Chrysanthemum society do that.
              ntg
              Never be afraid to try something new.
              Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
              A large group of professionals built the Titanic
              ==================================================

Comment

Reading this thread has given me a kick up the bum! I've been putting my test off as I'm sick of doctors and hospitals and tests(another nasty batch due on tuesday)but realise now this is no excuse to neglect another area of health.My next door but one neighbour died 2weeks ago and she was only 39.It's made my better half and myself descuse a little bit about what we want when we die with regards funerals etc,which we've never talked about.We both want green buriels,and trees and plants growing in our memories.Hopefully wont be for a long time yet!Planted trees and flowers in the garden when my dad died with cancer,and they are a lovely lasting memory of him.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X