Halloween

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halloween

I was searching for inspiration for carving my pumpkin and found these sites which may be useful for those of you partaking in a bit of pumpkin carving:

http://www.thepumpkinfarm.com/carvemenu.html#tips

http://www.fabulousfoods.com/holiday...pumpplans.html

http://www.zombiepumpkins.com/freebies.php

Some look seriously complicated though!

Do people think we will get Trick or Treaters over the weekend, or are they likely to wait until Tuesday (bearing in mind that it will be a 'school night'?
    Don't really want to carve the pumpkin yet, but it seems a shame if all the TorT's come over the weekend, then none come to admire my handywork (smirk! ) on Tuesday.

Im not carving untill monday or I might start Sunday me and my 2 sons (17 and 14!!) have got 3 40lb pumpkins I only grow them to carve we share any surplus with the neighbour hood kids

Comment

Waffler - love the brain shaped jelly mould!!!

For pudding we have :-
      Dragon snot and eyeballs -( green jelly with peeled grapes which have a touch of red colouring pushed into it). Might be tempted to try the mould though!!

Diahorrea - chocolate mousse

Warm Pus - stewed apple with custard lightly folded in
      Coffin Cake - sponge cake covered in Cadbury's chocolate with a skeleton ontop made from candy cigarettes with a marshmello head. Green mint Aero grated for grass and a few jelly snakes . If I've got time, I make a loaf tin cake and hollow it out (to look more like a coffin)

Spiders - marshmellos with liquorice legs

Daren't tell you what I serve for main course!!

Off to pick up and wash some leaves now (to sprinkle on the table cloth after being washed and dried.)

What do other people serve?? ( or am I the only really crazy one here?)
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

ASDA did a packet of templates last year which were really good fun. You pinned them onto the pumpkin and then pricked the template onto it. I cheated and photocopied the templates before using, not sure if they are doing them this year.

As for food you could try adding food dye to spaghetti to make worms and also I have tried adding green food dye to mashed spuds to make bogies. My boys are a bit gross at Halloween.

Comment

Originally posted by melon View Post
          ASDA did a packet of templates last year which were really good fun. You pinned them onto the pumpkin and then pricked the template onto it. I cheated and photocopied the templates before using, not sure if they are doing them this year.

As for food you could try adding food dye to spaghetti to make worms and also I have tried adding green food dye to mashed spuds to make bogies. My boys are a bit gross at Halloween.
          In another thread DDL uses mashed spuds as 'Comfort food' I'm sure your mash will really comfort her!
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I've only got adults at my feast...does that make us gross?? Like the idea of green spuds though!
            Last edited by Nicos; 28-10-2006, 07:26 PM.
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Not at all Nicos. Sounds quite sensible to me!! on the TorT front we are expecting ours on Tuesday (tipped off by one of the other mums) and as it is a school night they will hopefully be fairly early and then we can settle down to whatever else we are doing.
              Bright Blessings
              Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

I've never made pumpkin lanterns before - where I come from the veg of choice was swede (in fact, even FINDING a pumpkin in the west of Scotland would've been a treat when I was a lass...)

Getting the inside carved out without damaging the skin was a real s*d of a job though!
                You are a child of the universe,
                no less than the trees and the stars;
                you have a right to be here.

Max Ehrmann, Desiderata

blog: http://allyheebiejeebie.blogspot.com/ and my (basic!) page: http://www.allythegardener.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by heebiejeebie View Post
                  I've never made pumpkin lanterns before - where I come from the veg of choice was swede (in fact, even FINDING a pumpkin in the west of Scotland would've been a treat when I was a lass...)

Getting the inside carved out without damaging the skin was a real s*d of a job though!
                  Always used a snadger that I nicked from the farmers field myself! Remember it used to stink by the end of the night where the candle had burned the lid! Pocket full of change made up for it though!
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

When I was a child, I did make some green mash! The idea turns my stomach now though! Will stick to my normal, creamy, buttery mash thanks! DDL
                    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X