Farmers Market

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farmers Market

I went to the local farmers market today in Birmingham and although there wasn't much there because of the time of year I still managed to buy some ostrich burgers for our tea, some lovely olives stuffed with jalapeno peppers and a bottle rose - not bad for a lunchtime.

Can't wait until the spring when there will be more choice.
    Bex

Originally posted by Bex View Post
    I went to the local farmers market today in Birmingham and although there wasn't much there because of the time of year I still managed to buy some ostrich burgers for our tea, some lovely olives stuffed with jalapeno peppers and a bottle rose - not bad for a lunchtime.

Can't wait until the spring when there will be more choice.
    Do they farm ostriches in Birmingham then Bex?
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Lincolnshire, snadger according to the label on the pack. Had one for tea and it was very nice, no fat came out and it didn't shrink at all which was unusual for a burger.

Congrats on the MOM
      Bex

Comment

I'm sure they do farm ostrich in Birmingham, as in other places, and very nice it is. At my local farmers market - Loch lomond Shores (now there's a setting for you) there's a fellow who sells buffalo steaks and burgers. He farms them in Fyfe. I have to confess the main reason I go is a woman who sells the best sticky toffee pudding in the world. I'm not a great fan of sweets, but this is different. There's just no way I could produce that.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bex View Post
          Lincolnshire, snadger according to the label on the pack. Had one for tea and it was very nice, no fat came out and it didn't shrink at all which was unusual for a burger.

Congrats on the MOM
          You lot are having me on aren't you? What with MOM and now ostriches in Lincolnshire!! Hope they've got there tights on this weather!
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Not having you on at all snadger, why would we do that!!

The burgers were £1.90 for two, they also sold ostrich eggs which where a whopping £10 and the label said it took 48 minutes of boiling to get soft boiled. They were the size of large easter eggs
            Bex

Comment

I know there is an ostrich farm in Ayton on the borders where I used to live.......very strange when you are out walking the dog! I must admit I have never tried it but our local farmers market does sell it too. Can you recommend it then Bex?

Comment

Hi Monkeybum,

Definately made a nice change from beef or chicken, a lot of people at work did turn their noses up when I told them I'd bought some but will definately be getting some again.
                Bex

Comment

I can recommend it Monkeybum. It's very similar to beef. We switched to ostrich when all the mad cow stuff was going on and we didn't want to buy beef.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

I've had ostrich burgers from our local farmers market at houghton tower, preston before - very nice like you say, and no fat. Would definately eat them again. DDL
                    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Ostrich Burgers are nice, but I have to say my fave burgers are venison ones, mmm! Delish!

2nd fave would be wild boar and third fave organic Aberdeen Angus beef, mmm! Drool!
                      Blessings
                      Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                      Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                      Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                      On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Methinks I must get out more......

Diversify & prosper

Comment

How about kangaroo or alligator meat then? Think I've seen kangaroo meat in butchers but aint tried it. Let me guess there's a kangaroo farm in... and an alligator pond in....and a spagetti tree in...

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Now I have had Kangaroo and it wasn't half bad. A bit gamey but pretty nice on the whole. I would certainly have it again. I am not keen on alligator though.

Comment

Not sure if there is a kangaroo farm near here, but couldve sworn I saw some spaghetti trees on the way to work, only this very morning! LOL DDL
                              Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X