Latest River Cottage series

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
    Try northernharvest.co.uk Mrs D - well it's northern harvest in warrington. I've used them for ages - WELL recommended! DDL
    We use Northern Harvest also (although we get our veg box off The Organic Veg Company), there's loads of choice and they're constantly adding more stuff. Targeted cutting back on supermarket shopping last summer and now only go a maximum of once a month (today was the first time I've been since the end of October) for stuff I just can't find anywhere else.

With respect to the contents of the veg boxes, you don't always get much variety in winter and most weeks does contain quite a lot of root veg, however our box varies the varieties, for example one week we'll get purple carrots, the next a stocky orange type and the week after could be a longer slender variety. It's amazing how different they all taste and the same goes for the apples we're currently getting, a different type each week and because ours is a quite small scale enterprise and a one man band we see him each week to give feed back on whats good and bad. Quite enjoy our weekly chats and he's been able to put us in touch with various other suppliers in the area too.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

that sounds fab alison, do you know if he covers yorkshire?
      Yo an' Bob
      Walk lightly on the earth
      take only what you need
      give all you can
      and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

It is great, means that I can effectively shop at the small local shops that I'd like to go to but unfortunatly work committments don't let me. They deliver to Cheshire, South Lancashire, Greater Manchester and Merseyside but don't have the paperwork to go over the tops! Another place that's good is Unicorn in Chorlton, S Manchester which is a worker co-operative owned and run by its workforce selling fruit, veg, a load of dried goods and a fine range of wines and beers. Don't get there much these days but used to go up there when I worked round there, is brilliant for big bags of pulses, dried fruit, cereals etc.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X