How about a....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about a....

Library section where we can post any recommended readings, Videos/DVD's etc LJ.

Just a thought
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

Sounds good Nick - and if we could play little clips of music too, it would be wonderful. If we called it bird song could you swing it for us L J.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Yes please!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I esp like the idea of birdsong...we have a bird which sings 'torlu tu tu' would love to know what it is!!!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

This will take some selling to the powers that be. I will give it a damned good go folks.
          [

Comment

That sounds a super idea! I'm all for it. I' sure it would be a success like the recipe ones - I much prefer making/reading/buying/whatever if someone else you trust has recommended it. DDL
            Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Tesco are releasing a DVD called How to grow Vegetables on 13 of this month for £9.99. The synopsis says "This provides an opportunity to look at the cultivation of vegetables on a scale to suit all gardeners. Using our own experimental garden and several others such as the Lost Gardens of Heligan where the production of vegetables is carried out to the highest possible standards, we will be able to cover all aspects in great detail. Featuring choice of site and aspect. Building soil fertility and crop rotation. Pests and diseases. Organic cultivation." Sounds like a good buy for the price so might put it on my Christmas list

Comment

Originally posted by martini View Post
                Tesco are releasing a DVD called How to grow Vegetables on 13 of this month for £9.99. The synopsis says "This provides an opportunity to look at the cultivation of vegetables on a scale to suit all gardeners. Using our own experimental garden and several others such as the Lost Gardens of Heligan where the production of vegetables is carried out to the highest possible standards, we will be able to cover all aspects in great detail. Featuring choice of site and aspect. Building soil fertility and crop rotation. Pests and diseases. Organic cultivation." Sounds like a good buy for the price so might put it on my Christmas list
                Nice one martini. Let me get this right tho , Tesco's are producing it or just stocking it?
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Sounds like a darn good idea for a thread to me! I'd much rather get a book that others have recommended than buying blind!
                  Blessings
                  Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                  Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                  Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                  On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

I have a man in the Know when it comes to birds the feathered ones that is I say bob Ive seen this bird its brown with 2 legs as you can guess he loves me!! But this sounds a great idea for a new thread

Comment

What about a thread for warning of gardening TV progs before they come on? And reviewing them afterwards? I know I would find it useful! Especially getting other peoples thoughts on what I've seen, as it would give me a bit more confidence in trusting my own gardening judgement!
                      Blessings
                      Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                      Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                      Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                      On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                        Nice one martini. Let me get this right tho , Tesco's are producing it or just stocking it?
                        Just stocking it Snadger - there wasn't any info on who has produced it - just the synopsis (no picture of the sleeve either).

Comment

Just had a look on Amazon - no further info (except that it's 1 hr long) but it's £7.49 + p&p. It's also on greenfingers.com for £10 and you get 'How to Grow Fruit' DVD free.

Comment

Think great idea! I read loads(mostly library books and books past on from family).Like the sound of the dvd.

Comment

It would definitely be a boon to me. May stop me spending too much money and/or terrorising the Waterstone's staff. Although the last book I asked for (just to have a look through) they didn't have. They did spend 15 mins looking for it and Mr E suggested I would have to buy it after that even if I didn't want it.
                              Bright Blessings
                              Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X