No announcement yet.

Autumn Colours

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've suddenly started to get our reds, oranges and yellows. The leaves are now turning very fast and falling off just as quickly. Strange!
    Bright Blessings
    Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Originally posted by Earthbabe View Post
      We've suddenly started to get our reds, oranges and yellows. The leaves are now turning very fast and falling off just as quickly. Strange!
      Same here, Earthbabe. No colour at all until a couple of days ago, just leaves falling off.

Today when I worked into work, there's an avenue of cherry trees that have gone the most fantastic colours. Sadly I don't think the leaves will stay on long.

Comment

Thanks for the pics Snadger. Just lovely I know what you mean that a pic just can't capture the whole essence of a place. Our garden is just cream, yellow , gold and red now, but no way to capture all of that.

And thanks for the introduction to the word "dene". Have never come across it and had to look it up. Learn every day

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Ive got a young oak tree in my garden and its turn colour overnight it looks like the flame on a candle now

Comment

We have had a good display this autumn, the wind has removed a lot of things now though.
            Bet you cannot guess what these leaves are from though.

Comment

I think it's a red oak Palustris. Very nice. Thanks for the pic.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Sorry, not even the same genus. This is a food site so I thought a food connection was in order!
                It is actually a crab apple! Malus trilobata (I think without going and looking). No fruit this year, but it is supposed to produce a good crop for Crab apple jelly.

Comment

They're beautiful leaves, Palustris, and I'd have never guessed that they were crab apple - the Latin name describes them nicely.
                  http://inelegantgardener.blogspot.com

Comment

It's beautiful Palustris, thank you.
                    Bright Blessings
                    Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X