No announcement yet.

health survey

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your mate may have a point there, Nick. Remember as a kid we lived at my nan's for a couple of weeks between house moves. It was December, she didn't have heating and we spent a lot of time in her back room as it had a gas fire - the front room was obviously only used for best so was sub zero and nobody ever went in there except for on a Sunday afternoon when you made sure you wore plenty of layers and don't get me onto the single skin bathroom out the back.................

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

bring back the good ole days eh?
      dont we sound old!
      seriously tho, whenever my bed time went half an hour later or my pocket money went up, my responsibility within the house went up too, it wasnt a case of now you cook for the family and if you dont you wont get paid, it was a case of freedom allways comes with increased responsibility.
      kids these days arn't taught that.
      as for outside loo's, it was all we had till about 1980. i now have my own house with a bathroom that was fitted in the 70's, but the outside loo still exists, and we love it!
      having said that we do have a choice.

what ever happened to educating our kids? my folks tolds me about sex and stds before i left juniors, they got biology books out the library and everything, it put me of for long enough!
      Yo an' Bob
      Walk lightly on the earth
      take only what you need
      give all you can
      and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Lol !!!

Someone else I know had a friend that moved to a "neww" council house (early 1960's I guess) and he said " uurrrgh you've got a toilet in your house" strange now isn't it that we take these things for granted .... perhaps thats why the younger generation can't whistle either
        Last edited by nick the grief; 18-11-2006, 08:55 PM.
        ntg
        Never be afraid to try something new.
        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
        ==================================================

Comment

eh? dont get the whisling thing. (blonde you know)
          do you mean about letting everone know you're there?
          didnt make a difference where i grew up, "so your having a poo? nows a good time to brush my teeth and tell you about how you're going wrong in your life"
          to be fair things hav'nt changed much, me and OH chat while one of us is on the loo frequently, but we do say excuse me i'm having a poo so the other one closes the door and talks thro it!
          progress of sorts i suppose.
          Yo an' Bob
          take only what you need
          give all you can

Comment

Our downstairs toilet is single skin so in winter it may as well be outdoors. Brrr! Although I haven't had to break the ice on it yet.

Like you yoanbob I got increased pocket money and later bedtime as I got older in return for more responsibility. As soon as my sister and I were able we were expected to do little jobs around the house, lay the table, etc. I can remember helping strip wallpaper and in the garden. Once I was old enough I was expected to care for my rabbit myself. Same with the guinea pigs.

You will be pleased to know that Miss E will go through the same training. Even now we explain about rights and responsibilities and privileges.
            Bright Blessings
            Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Yeah, we were expected to do jobs also. Apparently when I was about 4 I begged my mum for jobs to do as my older brother already had his chores and I didn't want to be left out. Think I started with simple stuff like helping to set the table or pulling the downstairs curtains back and moved on to more stuff over time.

Agree with Yoanbob about the outside loo - wouldn't want to have to use it in the night but it would be sooooo handy when we're in the garden. Can't count the amount of times we've ended up with mud all through the house when one of us is caught short. We're planning on putting a downstairs loo in next year which will be very useful as the only alternative we have at the moment is weeing on the compost heap which whilst I'm told is very good for your compost probably isn't so good for neighbourhood relations!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

good for you EB.
                I know its easy to preach from the "dont have have children yet side." I do a lot of voluntary work with kids and although i olny see them a few hours each week, when you make a breakthrough with a single child it makes it all worth while, however not sure how i'll cope when they dont go home at the end of the night!
                i think if you can improve a smigen on how your your parents did it that should be enough!
                without going too far the other way of course.
                kids need resposibility, without it they feel undervalued, even if they protest that playstaion gives them all they need.
                I think it takes very strong people these days to teach kids and not to give in to the elecronic baby sitter.(t,v.) and teach kids rather than doing it yourself 'cos its quicker.
                I got in lots of trouble at infant school for telling the other kids their mothers wernt vergins, they didnt know what it meant but thought it was bad enough to tell on me and get my mum into trouble.
                but i did'nt get pregnant or have any std's at high school.
                education is the way to go,
                also letting go of your kids so they know at 5 the monsters are humans who mean them harm, not fictiunal characters they secretly want to be.
                still finding it hard to belief syphallis is back on the childhood desieses menu.
                Yo an' Bob
                take only what you need
                give all you can

Comment

I'd love to know what a "shrink" would make of you lot,how this thread has diversified would have Einstein baffled,and definately tooooooooooooo much information on toilet habits(reminded me when I shared a flat in London in the early seventies with a band,but that would get sensored).

Comment

[QUOTE="so your having a poo? nows a good time to brush my teeth and tell you about how you're going wrong in your life"
                    .[/QUOTE]

It's so you can't get up and walk away! I'm sure my mother tried the same trick with me!
                    How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being.”

Comment

Three women in the bathroom at once was enough to keep my dad a long way away.
                      Bright Blessings
                      Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X