How do you keep things at the allotment

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm constantly losing my coffee mug!
    the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

I am always putting things down and then forgetting where I put them - secateurs ( buy cheap ones now as I've "misplaced" too many decent sets", machete (), scissors, twine, hoe, seed packets, elastic bands. I cleared out my shed today - a place for everything and everythin in it's place - at least until tomorrow.
      Rat

British by birth
      Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
      http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

when up the lottie i put my tools in a bright pink gardening tub and move it around with me as i weed the raised beds etc... i do loose my hand trowel or hand fork on a regular basis as i tend to stick them in the ground so i don't fall over them and then forget where they are!!
        When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Lots of us loose stuff then lol I am not worried about the shed I keep it locked and so far our site hasnt had much trouble. The things I have lost I have left out and I think a beedy eyed plot holder sees them and when asked if they have seen my lost items denies seeing them but I have my doubts. I have a pink tub that I broke the handle on so maybe thats the answer if I remember to put things back into it lol .will give it a go today. The big things hang up so I can see at a glance that they are missing before I go.
          Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
          and ends with backache

Comment

I bought some Felco secateurs in the hope that because they're so expensive I'm never likely to just leave then lying about. I, like NOG have the holster thing which also helps.

I usually have a seed tray that I put everything in wherever I am, and leave it in a path so I have to step over it. That way, when clearing up after I've finished I rarely forget whatever's in it.
            A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

There is no hope for me, today I used a trug to keep things in as I weeded the cabbage patch, the net pegs I placed in there along with the weeds that were not supposed to go in lol I only got out a small fork for weeding, bag to put weeds in, my gloves, the trug, watering can, dibber, as well as my radio ( always on as I am the only one there ) cup for coffee's, washing up bowl, ( these are left on my table by the shed ). Put everything away locked the shed walked through the plot and what did I find but my fork lol open shed put fork in lock shed lol
              Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
              and ends with backache

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
                Hiya jackie - I have a bright pink trug in which I put my weeds, but also my tools, as I have a silly habit of forgetting them and leaving them outside. Only trouble is, most of my tools have green handles! I must get round to painting them bright red or something so I can see them before they go into the compost bin!
                This is my method too, only mine's bright yellow. It's one of those large rubber ones and, OK, you have to rummage through it for what you want, and whatever that is it's always at the bottom, but I'm way too disorganised to put them neatly into a proper tool-box or something. At least this way everything is more likely to be chucked into the trug rather than left where it was last used, and it just gets popped into the boot on the way home and lives there until needed again (if I take it out I forget it next time )
                Felco secateurs didn't help, even though they cost a bomb and had to be specially ordered by the local GC as they didn't stock the left-handed ones. I've never actually lost them, but I've come close once or twice
                Last edited by bluemoon; 04-06-2009, 07:36 PM.
                Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                  I've recently found my lost secateurs in the Dalek - I had obviously just put them down in a bendy bucket, thinking to put them away properly, but didn't ... then filled the bucket up with weeds, and tipped the whole lot in the Dalek.
                  I recently found a pair in a dalek, in the compost!! They had been in there for ages. I've only just got into the swing of composting properly, and this had been sitting around for a good couple of years ( children happened).
                  After a good clean up and a bit of 3 in 1 oil, they are again my best secateurs!! (Spear and Jackson)
                  "Happiness cannot come from without. It must come from within. It is not what we see and touch or that which others do for us which makes us happy; it is that which we think and feel and do, first for the other fellow and then for ourselves." Helen Keller

Comment

I lost my Celery plants today and was convinced that someone had nicked them!
                    Later in the day when I went to the area I was going to plant them...........there they were there, in the plantpots ready to be planted! I still can't remember putting them there, even now! (It WAS all of one day ago!)
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X