No announcement yet.

My poor ears

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have my sympathies dude - I used to play cello as a kid, and I'm sure it used to drive my parents crackers.
    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by jackie j View Post
      Lovely my daughter plays the clarinet but doesnt practice very often.
      snap but when she does play it is lovely

Tracy
      www.tuscana.net 2 junctions from disney, fully equipped apartment. unit 1307 if anyone wants to book their accomodation

Comment

HB plays the flute, is in the school band played a school proms in the park last weekend and is playing at the local highland games next weekend! I did take video but can't figure out how to loa onto computer don't think I have the right driver!
        I love hearing them playing as a band, they all love their band teacher he gets the best from them. Unfortunately her flute teacher is not so good
        She doesn't practice at home often though and when it does sounds odd as she doesn't have rest of band with her! lol!

Comment

Good for Iona. I hope she's brilliant at it.
          The sound of a child scratching on a violin wouldn't bother me at all.
          Just learn to love it Rat and you'll be fine.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

EARPLUGS are the way to go

Comment

Originally posted by Alice View Post
              Good for Iona. I hope she's brilliant at it.
              The sound of a child scratching on a violin wouldn't bother me at all.
              Just learn to love it Rat and you'll be fine.
              I'm sure I will - it's not classical violin but traditional scottish music she'll be learning. Her two pals are learning the accordion and clarsach (the scottish harp) so we have the makings of a trad trio already.
              Rat

British by birth
              Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
              http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

They'll be playing at all the ceilidhs before you know it Rat.
                Maybe they'll be the next Capercaillie - they were neighbours of mine when they were children.

Comment

Originally posted by Alice View Post
                  Maybe they'll be the next Capercaillie - they were neighbours of mine when they were children.
                  God would I not love that - one of my fave bands and Karen Matheson has a voice that just melts me.
                  Rat

British by birth
                  Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
                  http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Karen always did have that magical voice. When she was a little girl her voice just rang out like a little bell when she was singing with the other children.

Comment

Stop complaining SR and get back out in the garden!
                      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

You poor thing, it could be worse - mine tried to learn to play the trombone!!! Yikes!

Comment

It'll soon sound much better, I'm sure - and a tip is to make sure she puts plenty of rosin on her bow! My DD plays the violin, as did her brother (he's given up now though), and she's starting to sound quite good now. But if she forgets to put enough rosin on, it's a different story

They need plenty of encouragement though, as my sons twin brother used to be endlessly desparaging about his brothers playing, and it really put him off practising, which eventually led to him giving up. We're making sure that the lads don't do the same with Helena.

Good luck, and as others have said, there's always some watering/weeding/planting which needs doing!
                          Life is brief and very fragile, do that which makes you happy.

Comment

I could do with someone learning to play the fiddle round here, might keep the pesky pigeons and deer away!

Comment

Oh dear, but it did make me giggle thinking about what my parents went through with the recorder, the clarinet (accompanied by howeling from Toby the Golden Retriever - The Entertainer was always his favourite), then the tenor sax, followed by the baritone sax. But they did not complain very often!

I believe that children should be encouraged to develop as I am sure you do. I played all over the world and had a great time, I would not have swopped it for anything! Stick in there Rat she might be famous one day.....
                              Karen

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool
                              Even a journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X