No announcement yet.

I grew a stew!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well done,what a great feeling,just wait till the salad,and other greens are for picking,it fills you with pride that you grew it,and the taste is far superior to the shop stuff,it's that,that keeps you wanting to grow
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Ok here is dinner, it looks dreadful but it tasted great. (carp pic due to Mr H phone)

Blowing own trumpet here but that tasted absolutey marvelous! We had no idea that veg could taste so good. My carniverous sons actually said the meat was the least interesting bit! You got to bear in mind that my eldest once stated that veg is what food eats!

Still on cloud 9
      Attached Files
      WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Glad to hear it tasted good and it doesnt look so bad.....homegrown veges nothing like it lol
        Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Strange thing is-that home grown veg actually must have at least 1,000,000 x flavour for teenagers to notice!!!

Other than strawberries and lettuce and radish..I'm WAY behind you !!!!!!...well done ( note to self to get in extra butter!!!!!!!) ...YUMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Wow! Seriously impressed! All round yours for din-dins then

I've harvested my first Spuds, so I'm feeling a bit smug too!
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Well impresed..........your stuff's so much further ahead than mine.

I probably won't be able to grow my own a stew until September.......I'll just have to make do with leek and tattie broth up til then!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

You Grew Stew and....

....you could also make a fab soup too.

Not forgetting that those ingredients added to others can make shedloads of other tasty things...carrot cake?

Well done.....very envious as I've only eaten two strawberries from my garden so far this year. I am new to edible growing though (that's my excuse anyway)

Jules
                Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Well done Fiona. Enjoy your success and your veggies. Your carrots look great. I might try overwintering some and see if I can get them early next year.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Well done on all that lovely stuff.

I'm slowly learning that nothing beats the taste of home grown stuff! Why oh why didn't I do it earlier! NCG soups do a great veggie soup recipe in one of their books and I cannot wait for my parsnips to be ready so I can try it out.
                    Last edited by Professor Peabody; 07-06-2009, 10:11 PM.

Comment

My parsnips seem to be going to seed so might not have as many as I hoped this year
                      Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement guys it is lovely to share the excitement as well as the trials and tribulations
                      WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
                        I am so fabulously excited by this!
                        Good for you!
                        I'm looking forward to being able to make a stew entirely from my own produce too, but it'll be sometime in late autumn, I should think, when the first parsnips are ready. Parsnips, turnips, spuds, onions and tomatoes, and my own herbs to flavour it.
                        Last edited by StephenH; 08-06-2009, 09:02 AM.
                        Tour of my back garden mini-orchard.

Comment

Nice one! It's a super feeling isnt it?
                          Bernie aka DDL
                          Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

:d :d :d :d :d
                            Last edited by lizzylemon; 09-06-2009, 03:23 PM.

Comment

dunno what happened here - it's supposed to be a row of big grins....fab veg.

Comment

Wow your carrots are huge! Mine all foliage still at the mo

Hope the stew was FAB

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X