No announcement yet.

summer flu

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My partner makes this concotion - think the idea is to 'sweat it out'. Take a mugful of lemonade, add a couple of slices of lemon and a spoonful (or more) of honey. Pop in the microwave for a minute - you need to ensure that it is hot but not boiling. Take it out, drop in a soluble paracetemol tablet - stir it all up until the tablet is dissolved and drink the mixture as hot as you possibily can. Take to your bed for a good night's/days sleep.

Comment

It was the doctor who said i had flu and i am a tough cookie and refuse to stay still when ill. The fact that i have not gone into school tells me that i do not just have a bad cold and if deffo isn't man flu as i am a girl! I have logged on a couple of times as i get so totally fed up with lying in bed and my son brought me his lap top to bed to stop me getting up.
      This is a rabbit who still went into work with a ruptured ear drum!
      When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Toastie that drink sounds lovely will get hubbie to make that for me. Thank you. Logging off again now as head feeling very strange!!
        When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

I've got the bug too (mine isn't flu though): I slept for 12/13 hrs a night for 4 nights, so I knew I was coming down with something.
          Then it was glands up, sore throat, hot neck.
          Then I got hit by a car and forgot about my cold, lol.
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Hope you're feeling better today, Miffy? I've only just gotten over a nasty thing. Started as bad cold, then went to my chest. Three weeks later and I've FINALLY stopped coughing! I tried all the usual remedies and the Max Cold/Flu capsules were the best for me. If you start coughing, I recommend the Boots own brand 'Bronchial Cough' liquid. It makes you completely forget about your flu, as your body will be so appalled that you could be so evil to it. It's like concentrated cat's p*ss. I gave it away to someone at work who is very chesty (in a cough-like way, boys...) and she had to stop taking it after two days as, like me, her throat closed up at the mere sight of the stuff!

Alternatively, lemon balm has anti-viral properties and is much more friendly.

Comment

Got up today for the first time, actually got dressed and tried to go out, just got driven up to Sainsburys by hubbie, didn't stay long and it whacked me out. So back sitting on the sofa now, it really is carp, do not do ill.
              Thanks for all the support and suggestions re remedies guys, been looking at them.
              Hope you are feeling a bit better Two Sheds after your accident. Take care.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X