No announcement yet.

What Are You Reading?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just finished 'Marley and me' - and cried my eyes out (much to sons disgust)

Comment

Cuttings by Christopher Lloyd - he is (was) my hero
      aka
      Suzie

Comment

Just finished The Last templar then watched the film which I thought was carp. Reading A £2 paperback from Tesco's at the mo The sleeping Doll by Jeffrey Deaver. I used to like Deavers Lincoln Rhyme books but not too sure about Kathryn Dance!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

What are you reading?

I,m reading " DEWEY" by VICKI MYRON, its about an little abandoned ginger kitten who lived in a library...... and its had me crying twice already.
          Last edited by ginger ninger; 25-06-2009, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Reading Counting my chickens by Deborah Devonshire(duchess of)Sister of Nancy Mitford etc.Lots of info past and present on Chatsworth house.Very good read!

Comment

Originally posted by JILLY JACKSON View Post
              Reading Counting my chickens by Deborah Devonshire(duchess of)Sister of Nancy Mitford etc.Lots of info past and present on Chatsworth house.Very good read!
              Ooh that sounds like one I might like. Have read The Mitford Girls which was a very good read.

Most recently read was Wilfred Owen's biography and Amy Johnson
              AKA Angie

Comment

Just finished "Phantom" by Terry Goodkind, last of the 3 books I got for my birthday ("Scarpetta" and a follow-up to one of Anne McCaffery's 'brainship' stories)
                Gone back to "Jingo" (read "Feet of Clay" before starting Phantom)
                Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

For the first time in ages I don't have several books on the go dotted around the house.
                  Am quite into Jill Mansell lately, love her books.

What I am doing is a course related to work which I have to work through my workbooks and then sit and fill in a self-assessment, which I then send back to the course organisers. I'll be rewarded with a clinical workshop day and a certificate if I pass.
                  Kirsty b xx

Comment

Am reading a couple of things, as usual.
                    DONT READ "WOMAN IN THE 5th" ITS CARP.

Reading "The great war for civilisation" by Robert Fisk, its about the various recent wars in the Middle East, why they came about and the fallout from them.
                    Fascinating read, and although the author wrote one of my 3 fave books ever, he still has the capacity to make me shout at the book in anger at his lack of objectivity. He believes that only one person is able to make such decisions and come up with arguments, (himself) and there clearly isnt one person on earth with more knowledge on the subject than he, thus what he says is right, end of. Great but infuriating.

I also read "Dawn News" every day as part of my job. I know, paid to read the papers, not bad really.
                    Last edited by bobleponge; 24-06-2009, 02:36 AM. Reason: Beetle on my keyboard
                    Bob Leponge
                    Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

I am not reading anything at the mo, I seem to have periods that I read until the book or books are finished, then periods of no reading. Read a book last week in two days, trouble is I never rememebr the titles and I passed it back to MIL at the weekend.
                      I like to read storys that are about the mid 1800's early 1900's mostly fictional. How people lived in those conditions is beyond belief, but then I expect in a 100 years time people will wonder how we lived in our conditions.
                      Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                      and ends with backache

Comment

Recently read:
                        Little Boy Lost by Marghanita Laski, Set between the UK and France just after the war. I would definetely recommend you read this one!
                        Manja by Anna GMeyner Set between 1920 and 1933, It's the story of 5 children who are close friends in Germany. Very moving!
                        The Children Who Lived in a barn by Eleanor Graham Lovely story about 5 siblings. I won't say more don't want to give the storyline away.

Not reading much at the moment, too much to do between work, Son, Kittens and of course my garden

Comment

For leisure:
                          The Suspicions of Mr Whicher or the Murder at Road Hill House by Kate Summerscale, its a true story about a murder in 1860, very strange read and not my usual type of book (but I liked the cover and it was on offer )

For my chess hobby:
                          THE AMATEUR'S MIND by Jeremy Silman its a book on chess, and its not a boring as you might think, actually come to think off it, it really is boring even on the thrid time of reading but if want to beat a player called Zahni in Germany then needs must

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                            Just finished The Last templar then watched the film which I thought was carp. Reading A £2 paperback from Tesco's at the mo The sleeping Doll by Jeffrey Deaver. I used to like Deavers Lincoln Rhyme books but not too sure about Kathryn Dance!
                            I read and quite enjoyed The Last Templar. I rarely watch films - especially if I've seen the book. They hardly ever do them justice.
                            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Xanthe Clay 'It's raining plums' - all about fruit & veg (by month/season) and what to do with them (cooking, preserving).

XC is a newspaper colomnist in one of the weekend supplements and the book includes a old/unusal recipes and tips from readers too.

Comment

Just read 'Sovereign' from C J Sansom, it has to be one of the best written books ever, hooks you in and then boom and just heard that BBC are to do a drama about the first book in the series 'Dissolution' which again is an excellent read.

Started 'The Pillars of the Earth' by Ken Follett only because people were saying how good it was then watched the Big Read and it was voted one of the best of all time, so had to give it go. At 1000 pages its big but it certainly is a book that you do not want to put down but you have to because it is so heavy

As I read a book every 4 days since I started reading fiction a couple of months ago, I am catching up with my better half who takes weeks to read a book. This is probably due to my reading/reviewing of research and heavy non-fiction books before.
                                Last edited by daleclarke; 24-06-2009, 09:16 AM. Reason: can't spell
                                HAPPY 'Growing My Own'
                                Dale

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X