What Are You Reading?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sewer rat View Post
    Just started re-reading (for about the seventh time) "Touching The Void" by Joe Simpson. Incredible story.
    I met Joe Simpson a few times, he was a family friend of a mate of mine. Nice guy, and as he says in the book it was totally the right decision to make.

Its very very rare that I re-read a book, but was feeling a bit down after coming back home and seeing the state of my garden after 7 weeks, so pulled out French Revolutions, by Tim Moore. If you can read this without laughing then you're clinically dead.
    Bob Leponge
    Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

• I am reading Young Wives Tales - Adele Parks. Light and funny and right up my alley.

Comment

• I have a long train journey soon and have been searching for a suitable read.

Has anyone read 'A fraction of the whole' by Steve Toltz as this has been highly recommended ?
        BumbleB

I have raked the soil and planted the seeds
        Now I've joined the army that fights the weeds.

Comment

• I've just been given a Kathy Reichs book by my friend, she loves them but I'm finding it hard going and a bit too gruesome - a bit CSI-ish, but when it's on the telly you can look away for the grim bits whereas in a book you have to read it really to know what's going on. I'm about a third of the way through it, and I'm not sure if I'll finish it...
          Last edited by SarzWix; 01-08-2009, 09:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BumbleB View Post
            I have a long train journey soon and have been searching for a suitable read.

Has anyone read 'A fraction of the whole' by Steve Toltz as this has been highly recommended ?
            I haven't read this yet but a friend recommended it to me the other day too. Does sound good! Might have to add it to the Amazon basket!

I finished 'Notes From An Exhibition' by Patrick Gale. I really enjoyed the story but felt a little bit disappointed at the end... not that kind of satisfied disappointed you get sometimes when you finish a really good book and are going to miss reading it. I just didn't feel it concluded in the way I expected it to, too many loose ends! I think that was the point, it was just several strands of stories from various members of a fairly disparate family but it means that since finishing it I keep thinking 'Oh, what happened to so and so'.

Haven't done a charity shop trek for a couple of weeks so I'm running a little light on choices for my next read!
            http://vegblogs.co.uk/overthyme/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X