No announcement yet.

I absolutely hate flies don't you?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I compost as much as I can of uncooked veg etc, our bins are only emptied once a fortnight, we have a kitchen caddy for food rubbish and I use a council approved bag in it and empty it as often as possible. I hate the fact that they are only emptied once a fornight. ( this has been for the last few years )
    Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
    and ends with backache

Comment

Originally posted by HayleyB View Post
      ROFPMSL, sorry Wayne but how long was your mouth open for........
      Well, you know when you're kind of bite smiling to avoid getting chicken/barbecue residue on your cheeks...
      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
        Are you able to run round and put it out for her, just as the bin lorry comes round?
        If she protests, act all innocent like and say you thought she was ill, or on holiday, and you were just being helpful
        No, with her being the last house in our row, she hasn't got to leave axcess, so she has a bolt on the gate, or yes even if she had protested i would still have put it out, but realistically.... i would need a SKIP

Comment

Originally posted by ginger ninger View Post
          Quick up date.....i've just got of the phone from enviro....apparently because shes "PRIVETE" rented, they can't make her move her rubbish without going through her " LANDLORD" . I told them we've already tried that approach, and that was a waste of time, same ignorant approach as her .
          The lady said she would.... "RE-LOG" the incident, with the hope it would be rectified as soon a possible ..how long is that going to take i asked, reply...i'm not right sure ...we're under staffed.... i could do with a very large glass of red
          Get onto Environmental Health, and phone them AT LEAST once a day. Make them sick of the sound of your voice.
          The squeaky wheel gets the oil, keep squeaking!
          Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Quick up date.....i've just got of the phone from enviro....apparently because shes "PRIVETE" rented, they can't make her move her rubbish without going through her " LANDLORD" . I told them we've already tried that approach, and that was a waste of time, same ignorant approach as her .
            The lady said she would.... "RE-LOG" the incident, with the hope it would be rectified as soon a possible ..how long is that going to take i asked, reply...i'm not right sure ...we're under staffed.... i could do with a very large glass of red

I think you've been fobbed off. This sort of problem is precisely why the bloomin' EHO exist. Don't give up, keep badgering, and it might be handy to keep a note of your calls. You could also try the Citizens Advice Bureau.

Jules
            Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Any flies in the house get sucked into the vacuum cleaner if they're really bad. They do obligingly fly around the lights though, so not that hard to suck up.#
              I got some netting from Lidls a couple fo eyars ago, stick the velocro strip around the window, then cut to size and stick. Doesn't look fantastic, but defnitely stops flies and crawly things inside.

Comment

Thanks so much guys for the support...it really means a lot, i have phoned them (EHO)4 times already, OH rang them twice, our bins are only emptied once a fortnight, so it'll be the 9 th july before there emptied again.... its just so frustrating, they don't have to live with this I'll phone them on Wednesday and squeak a bit louder.xx
                Last edited by ginger ninger; 29-06-2009, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Ah flies. My neighbours are dairy farmers, thus I have an entire herds supply of flies come a visiting every summer. Bonus. I have as many fly catcher things as my house will allow, but still they come and buzz about the place. The dog goes mad trying to catch them, knocking over whatever's in his path, generally leading to plant carnage.

Reminds me of being in Kabul and seeing black meat hanging outside the butchers shops on Meat Street. Very appetising.
                  Bob Leponge
                  Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

We have 3 battery operated fly swats- got 2 of them from Homebase or B&Q for about £7 each.

They look like small tennis rackets and electrocute the flies with a satisfying zap and a flash of light.

...why 3???? well everyone likes a have a turn!!!!!!!

Work a treat too!
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Thanks so much guys for the support...it really means a lot, i have phoned them (EHO)4 times already, OH rang them twice, our bins are only emptied once a fortnight, so it'll be the 9 th july before there emptied again.... its just so frustrating, they don't have to live with this I'll phone them on Wednesday and squeak a bit louder.xx
                      Squeak to the local paper too - they love a good bin story.

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                      We have 3 battery operated fly swats- got 2 of them from Homebase or B&Q for about £7 each.

They look like small tennis rackets and electrocute the flies with a satisfying zap and a flash of light.

...why 3???? well everyone likes a have a turn!!!!!!!

Work a treat too!
                      I bought my dad one of these years ago. Make sure you keep it away from the dog if you have one. My dad was sat in his arm chair one day and had the "racket" in his hand hanging over the arm of the chair. The dog came up and sniffed the racket. Then we heard this "bang" and the dog ran off yelping.

The "strings" of the racket are thin wires with a small current running through. Add that to the wet nose of a dog....

Daft thing did the same thing again half an hour later - made a little spark too!
                      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X