Clear All

• What tools do you have..

and what do you really use,and what are just gimmicks

Me the tools I use

Fork,spade,dutch hoe,rake,hand trowel,watering can,knife

Gimmicks

wolf soil miller,jury's out but im not sold

pruners,I have nothing to prune

hose.It takes longer than the watering can as the tap fills the tank whilst i'm doing other things,using the can I can deliver two gallons quicker than the hose.I hope that makes sence

ooooh my collection of secateurs, fork, spade, rake, wheelbarrow, watering cans.......my hubby :-)
    Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Spade, fork, Dutch hoe(x2), draw hoe, rake,spring rake,shovel,3 pronged cultivator,loppers, shears(x2) edging shears hand fork,trowel(x2).secateurs,grass trimmers(x2).dibber, wheel barrow(x2)& 4 watering cans
      Last edited by bubblewrap; 05-07-2009, 09:26 PM.
      The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
      Brian Clough

Comment

I use my hand fork more than anything, but I earn my living gardening now, so spend a lot of my time hand-weeding!

Also, I have an ancient (handed-down) wooden-handled tool with a metal fork and a square-hooped hoeing blade on the back of the fork (hope you can picture it) I turn it over and it's really fab for hoeing off weed seedlings, and it is narrower than a regular hoe so when I've planted stuff too close together, I can still hoe it!

I much prefer all my old, second-hand, wooden-handles tools to most of my newer stuff, they'll probably last longer too!
        Last edited by Glutton4...; 05-07-2009, 10:40 PM.
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

2 X stainless steel spades, 1 x garden fork, 1 x border fork, Wolf Garten handle with draw hoe, push/pull hoe and soil tiller attachments, 2 x dutch hoes, 1 x Landscaper Rake, 1 x 36" petrol rotavator, 1 x petrol strimmer, 1 x petrol chainsaw (24" bar), 2 x hand trowels, 2 x onion hoes, 2 x ridging ploughs, 1 x Feguson Tattie Planter, 1 x Turnip Scarifier, various secateurs, 1 x machete, 1 x post driver,1 x wheelbarrow, small van, 3 x hoses, 2 x watering cans.1 x knapsack sprayer, 1 x telescopic pruner, assorted general and fencing tools
          Last edited by sewer rat; 05-07-2009, 10:46 PM.
          Rat

British by birth
          Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
          http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Stop showing off SR

I've got 2 petrol mowers and a petrol Stihl strimmer too - it's a bigg'un and it's fab, also got my own chainsaw, and I'm a GIRL so ner!

Sorry - had a drink or two...
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

trowel
              fork
              spade
              secateurs
              patio weeder
              yeoman's lady hoe

I have 3 hand forks, but never use them. What are they for?

My new favourite "tool" is the bath pump. It's brilliant.
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Fork, really old hoe, hands for weeding and 1 'gimmicky' thing - a long handled trowel. Wonderful for planting standing up (bad back!)

Zebedee
                "Raised to a state of heavenly lunacy where I just can't be touched!"

Comment

[QUOTE=Glutton4...;490917 I much prefer all my old, second-hand, wooden-handles tools to most of my newer stuff, they'll probably last longer too![/QUOTE]

One of my pairs of shears is over 55 years old.
                  Rake is over 50 years old.
                  PS Forgot petrol strimmer, 30 metre + Hose pipe.
                  The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                  Brian Clough

Comment

garden shears, secateurs, fork, spade, rake, hoe, rotavator, petrol strimmer.
                    The pride of my allotment shed is an ancient tool I was given - I don't know what its called but its basically a long wooden handle attached to a metre long metal bar. on the bar are two plough shaped things - you drag it through the soil and it makes deep lines ready for sowing your seeds! It is amazing!I might take a picture and post it here - I have never seen one anywhere else.

Comment

I have an exellent teamaker its called the O/H does that count
                      Inside every older man is a younger man thinking what the heck happened

Comment

Most used my Wolf wood handle and push pull hoe.......Phone MP3 player (stops people talking to me).

Least used....Lawn mower.
                        My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X