No announcement yet.

Saved the Planet

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a thought for you, with Greenhouse gasses being widely acknowledged as a major source of global warming, and everyone being encouraged to swap bulbs to low energy consumption ones, turn the heating down a degree or so etc, then why hasn't anyone in government done anything about the streetlights that stay on all night, even when there is no-one near them! Surely they arent needed to be on all night in many areas? Perhaps a timer to turn them off between say 2 am and 5am, or perhaps have sensors fitted so they come on when a car / pedestrian comes close? Surely this would make a huge deifference to the uk energy consumption?

And on a smaller note, what about the disneyland style xmas lights that lots of folks seem to have to have outside their houses all through december and on all night! I have no problem with a single set of lights or something, but is there any need for 4 sets of lights, 2 snowmen, 2 motorised illuminated reindeer, 2 santas (8' tall), flashing neon signs and lights in every window, left on from 3pm until 8am, and its not just the odd house, opposite us there are 3 in a row!! Ok, if you have to have it, then fine, but switch it off when you go to bed!!!!!

Sorry, rant over now!
    Blessings
    Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
    Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
    Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
    On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

I'm with you on that one. I was brought up in rural Cornwall where street lights were a luxury. We survived and the sky at night was 'big and bright'. In Leicestershire all I can see at night are the rising lights from Leicester, Derby and Nottingham. Let alone the madness at 'winterval' with everything lit up like Blackpool illuminations

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X