Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HayleyB View Post
    ... and he'll come back with a yummy tan
    oh heck yes he does too!! He is dark(ish) and tans quickly - when he was last at other nasty place (2004) with temperatures of 45+, he got himself a white bot due to being at the pool on all down time!

A lot of downtime if you ask me, it has taken 5 years to get rid of the white bot hehehe
    aka
    Suzie

Comment

Any hope of piccies
      Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
        The important stuff has just been finished I have just ironed 10 t-shirts, .....
        Don't you need some punctuation there - or is ironing the t-shirts really the important stuff...???

Comment

Thinking of you sweets, be brave tomorrow morning - 'fraid you'll have to cry on someone else's shoulder till about 09.30 your time, I'll be in be bed till then

Seriously though, give him an extra big hug from us and tell him to take care xxxx
          A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Thinking of you both Pisk, (((hugs)))

Comment

How you doing lass???
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

well - having gone back to bed at 0630hrs this morning and cried myself back to sleep I was woken by the phone, it was SD calling from 'The Airport' saying "I'm being RTU'd, along with 70 others".
                "why" squeals I in excitement thinking that maybe he won't be going at all.
                "I'll tell you when I get back"

Reason for delay - AOG, of which there are several, doesn't fill ya with confidence does it!!

So will have to through all this crappola again tomorrow - or the next day - or the next and this could go on for a week or two.

Sadly this won't change his time out there, the timings start from when he takes up post over there

RTU'd = returned to unit
                AOG = broken plane on runway ready for take off when it goes tech, all passengers have to be taken off.

We are shortly having roast chicken and drinking champers to 'celebrate his 'ome coming'

But tomorrow again
                aka
                Suzie

Comment

Bummer

Still, enjoy our dinner but don't drink too much champers - you may have to get up early again tomorrow morning.

Comment

update....

we've just heard he is now booked on what they call the 'ghost flight' - because it is 0200hrs from 'that airport'

So, having got up at 0430hrs this morning he won't be getting any bed time until tomorrow evening - as the plane he is on isn't erm build for comfort

Poor lad

excuse me whilst I go back to our champers - and as he isn't driving he says he will have a glass of red with his roast chicken as well
                    aka
                    Suzie

Comment

When I said early, I didn't mean THAT early

Dunno what else to say - they? really know how to cock things up

Chin up peeps x

Comment

Best wishes to you both, Piskie and SD, hope you enjoy your 'bonus' night - not really a bonus, I know, but enjoy the champers anyway.
                        My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by scarey55 View Post
                          When I said early, I didn't mean THAT early

Dunno what else to say - they? really know how to cock things up

Chin up peeps x

the way you say 'they' reminds me of a friend who always said there were 2 ways of doing things, the easy way, and the military way........
                          I reckon it is a 'government' thing. Anything that has even a remote connection to government in the organisation is bound to be inefficient.....
                          Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

piskie it must be really hard for you both. Hope the send off went ok. Hopefully the next 3 months will pass quickly for you. I dont know where snowdrop is going, but fingers crossed for him. Can you communicate whilst hes there? Please give him all our love, from as my DH calls us "carrot friends". We will all be thinking of him. We are all here for you while he is away - and Im sure the kittens will keep you busy. Love Bernie
                            Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

he has just left - again
                              aka
                              Suzie

Comment

Have a big ((((((HUG))))) from me hun, you must be feeling crappy
                                I hope you manage to get some sleep tonight, I'll be thinking of you Xxx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X